1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She makes the difference

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It is time for a flash back. To-day, we are finishing 29 years of married life and getting into the 30th year tomorrow. What a journey it is. We have been through rough as well as nice times. I walked into the married life without knowing what to expect out of it like anyone else. But this life has changed me for good and definitely made me a better person. Can one person make so much difference in life?

I am proud to say “Yes” at this point of my life. She changed my life upside down. I was 29 years old when I married her and she was just 21 years old. I thought she was going to be an added responsibility to me. Little I realized that she is with me to share my burdens and help me handle them. She has a great quality of not giving up on friendships or relationships under any circumstances. She creates long standing friendships that is intended for life. She is 8 years younger than me but she has a rock solid heart to bear the pain and sufferings. She has been a greatest motivator for me to pursue wonderful professional careers in my life. She thinks world of me and never thinks my skills are limited. When we accomplish something remarkable, she smiles quietly and shows her index finger at me for the accomplishment. She is a remarkable performer in the college; obtained an undergrad degree in Economics and a diploma in journalism with outstanding opportunities to pursue her career in Doordharsan, All India Radio and so on. She was doing her Masters in Economics at the time of our wedding and decided to discontinue pursuing full-time home-maker role. She is the only child for my parents-in-law raised with lot of love and affection. Her only expectation from me was love and nothing else. Her expectation was to lead a simple life where the love is the driving force. I was not an outstanding professional with wonderful career in life nor was I wealthy person at the time of our marriage.

Little we knew at that time, we would face rough weather right at the start. We had initial MIL issues and that was the biggest huddle she faced that drained her energy. She wanted to be careful not to disturb the mother son relationship and she continues to think that way. We were blessed by the God to have a son in our life. She started enjoying life with him. We moved from city to city and in order for me to pursue my career, she dedicated to spend her time entirely to raise my son. Neither my son nor I will do anything to make her feel sad at anytime. If we make a genuine mistake, w will do everything to make her happy again. She is responsible for him to be pursuing his M.S. and Ph.D. in thermal engineering today.

As I mentioned earlier, she is a greatest motivator. She kept telling me that I should believe in myself and keep pursuing my career. I keep growing so aggressively in my career to achieve great heights and even today I am a Management Consultant for many companies. Every time, I accomplish something, I gratefully remember her motivation and her sacrifices to make me what I am today. She believes that I am a diamond that shines so well whereas I think that she is the one who shaped it to show its brilliance.

How can a person be so contented in life? Her true happiness is to know that my son and I love her. She is very happy if two of us tell that what she made for dinner is extremely delicious. We surprised her by arranging a wonderful Mediterranean cruise in 2008 for our 25th wedding anniversary which she still remembers so happily. She also finds happiness in chanting Slokas all the time. When I turned to spirituality after hectic professional career, she encouraged me so much to dive deep into it. She showed me where to find happiness in life. She changed my life for good. I would never question anyone how can I become a selfless person? I am living with one every day.

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Happy anniversary, Viswa sir. Nice to see you dedicating a post to your best half! :)

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra,

Happy anniversary. I wish you many many more years of happiness together.

Yes, it is the woman who changes a house into home to which other family members find solace, happiness, sharing and caring and look forward to coming at the end of the day.

Syamala

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was a fantastic ode to your better half Viswamitra. Very nice of you to share. Thanks. And wish you two have many more returns of that wonderful day. -rgs

5. charmbabez

charmbabez Gold IL'ite

Happy anniversary, Viswa sir :)

Nice reading :)

6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Viswa sir
    Many more happy returns of the day.
    What an ode sir.:thumbsup
    My eyes are brimming.. YOur better half ( I take the liberty to call her aunty!:)) is an amazing personality.Her mental maturity in handling a possessive MIL at 21 ...:clap:clap
    You are blessed sir and so is your son.
    You are unique-dedicating a blog to your wife in the midst of men who take their wives for granted.

regards
    Honeybee

7. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Happy anniversary to you and the great lady vishwa :)

8. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

:thumbsup:thumbsupHappy Anniversary. You really deserved the best and you got the best!! May your journey continues eternally. :thumbsup :thumbsup

9. Viswamitra

Dear Tuffyshri,

Thank you for your wishes and for reading this blog. The best half deserves a lot more. I hope she reads it.

Viswa

10. Viswamitra

Der Syamala,

Thank you for your kind wishes. You are absolute right about women.

Viswa