1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She - Final Episode!

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Aug 22, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,
    Yes, Varloo, I did work hard for this serial. But seeing you and many ILites so happy over the serial, it does not feel like work any more.

The human mind is a very strange one, especially the mind of a women. That is why the saying that one cannot find what is in the depths of a woman's mind. We have heard about many women who have taken very different and rebellious decisions in their lives. Shal is one among them.

It is true. I have been trying to understand woman's mind all my life. The bottomline is that I know next to nothing about the minds of the women in my life - my mother, my wife, my sister or even my daughter. Now I am convinced that it is not given to me to understand a womans mind. I pick up a small portion of the interesting aspects of a woman's mind and it is enough to fire a whole serial like SHE.

Thanks for accompanying me in the journey into a woman's mind.
    Thanks for those nice words.
    regards,

2. hemaravi

hemaravi New IL'ite

Superb Ending. Thank u for the fantastic serial story.

Wish u hassle-free journey.
    Hema

3. varalotti

Dear Meenu,
    I am happy you liked the ending. I am moved to see that you view Shalini as a part of Goddess Meeankshi. And to attain this, she had to go through all those things. Live-ins, lesbians and what not. Thanks once again for the kind words.
    regards,

4. varalotti

Dear Gayathri,
    Shalini's search for identity has been a long and an arduous journey and her motherhood, to be meaningful, had to wait till the end of her journey. But I think at the end of the day it was worth all the trouble she went through.
    I am glad that you liked the ending I gave for Shalini.
    Thanks for your kind wishes. As of now I am not sure I will be travelling to the Detroit area.
    I am trying to meet the Bay Area ILites during Sept 14-16th.
    Thanks once again for being with me throughout the serial.
    regards,

5. varalotti

Dear Meeta,
    I am very very happy that my ending could make you relax and not tensed up. I liked your alternative ending too. Yes, it is a bit cinematic. But quite lovable and sounds sweet as your name means. I thought of that but here in this final episode I have to establish the moral strength of my heroine. That I can do only when she decides to stay with Rishi especially when he has no hope. An act which even his wife (second wife) could not dream of doing.

Thanks for the participation.
    regards,

6. varalotti

Hi Hema,
    Thanks for the nice words about the story. And thanks a ton for your kind wishes. Yes, I had a hassle-free journey and have reached here safely.
    regards,

7. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Mr. Varalotti, I read the episodes from 12 to 18 in one stroke after returning from my vacation. Simply superb sir, simply superb. A human being keeps searching for his identity throughout his life and all his feelings, emotions everything depend on that search. Once he finds his identity then the search ends and peace prevails there. It was just great and totally unexpected. Happy that atlast shal could find her identity. In Hindu Mythology, there is a belief that every living being is made by God to perform some important duty that is assigned to him and he is made for that purpose. The life of that living being remains unfullfilled until he performs that duty. Shal's life is fulfilled by becoming the mother of her three lovely children. The ending brought tears into my eyes. Thanks for making the heroine a great soul. I always liked her right from the first episode and when she was going against some of the usual norms i use to feel sad. But finally u brought utmost happiness to my heart. This story will be remembered always. Great job.

I read your pm regarding your new book i will try to buy it and read it. Wish u a happy journey and great time in US during your stay.

thanks and regards,

sujatha

8. varalotti

Dear Sujatha,
    All of us are in search of their identities, one way or the other. The difference between us and Shal is that our search is not as intense as hers. When one's search is intense then she has all kinds of troubles, takes all kind of wrong decisions, but ultimately reaches her destination faster. We are going slowly in our quest and it may take some years, a few decades or a million births for us to reach our destination.
    A river is constantly in search of its identity which is the sea. Some rivers go really wild with waters gushing here and there and these rivers reach their sea-home quite soon. Others flow gently on the route make a lot of twists and turns, nevertheless, and reach their home sooner or later.
    All of us are sure to reach our sea-home one time or the other. It is the interregnum that is quite interesting and gives us writers enough materials to write about.
    I am really happy that you liked the story, particularly its ending.

regards,

9. varalotti

10. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Diwali with SHE

Hi sridhar,
    Hope u had a happy diwali.
    We aren't celebrating diwali this year, so I thought I could spend the time reading Her, I mean SHE. I shut the door tightly, latched it, closed the windows, pulled the drapery and plunged into the world of SHE. Amidst the firing crackers, blasting televisions, I finished reading. SHE reminded me of a book I read sometime back Ladies Coupe.
    It was a nice beginning(this not for SHE, but a complement for the SHE’s author). I wish I was able to give episode by episode comments. Never mind. I have just summed it up. The early life of Shal went without incidents or so I wish, except for few here and there, nothing of her childhood. So, how she was molded is a different question (out of question???). she seemed to be a loveable, pompous, spoilt, bountiful, competent and of course attractive(do I see a single-female-child-syndrome??no offense meant, excuse-me)
    He-Rishi, Father worshipping, obedient, a docile child amenable to his father, handsome and romantic (Shal might say otherwise).His father Ramnath-not despicable and not impeccable either.
    Did she not marry Rishi after several courting by him, did she not get to know him, but as you said one might projectile only the right foot during the courting period, but where went the brains of All India first rank holder, when she did the advertising in the shiny magazine for a 3<SUP>rd</SUP> chance?? She was courting for trouble, to say the least. She got what she asked for.
    I am starting to think, how it would have been if she had asked her husband for something different for her birthday. She could have inveigled him out of the house to go live in her parent’s house or else where, but except share the same roof with FIL. She doesn’t have to acquiescence their ways, she could have rebelled them from the beginning and got her way. Her life could have taken a different course, if he had presented her with the gift on her birthday.
    Speculations apart, I don’t understand this identity stuff. Where did it all start? If babies weren’t identified in the hospital as a child of specific parent, won’t everything be chaos? Didn’t parents have to be interviewed to place their children in the school? We needed an identity as father and mother to grow into our adulthood to take on an identity for ourselves. Unless we take the identity as a child, they won’t be identified as a parent, unless we take the identity of a sister/brother we won’t identify siblings, unless we take the identity of a friend we don’t identify a friend. They are not called what ever, when they stand alone. We can’t be named a mother without a child, we cannot be named a wife without a husband, we can’t be named sister without a sister, we can’t be named a friend without a friend and the relationship goes on. It’s always a give and take policy. Though we say unconditional love and all that, we get something in return for our love. Shal need not have tested the waters of the institution of marriage. If she is comfortable with no-strings-attached relationship, she should have continued. It’s nothing less than infidelity. She did not put her heart to the people she loved or she thought she loved. She chucked out Jaggi, because he was not loyal and called him unfaithful cad and what would she call her? No, she was not legally attached to anybody to call it infidelity, but it’s probably her heart which she lost and found eventually should be blamed. When I was working as HR consultant, the first thing we see is one’s career track. One’s duration of work with the previous employers plays a part. After all, it’s not difficult to fungible the employees. But still we stress on fealty. Why………..?Fate has its way of jumping up and biting in the back when we least expect it. That’s what happened when she again fell in love. She was bursting with happiness, only that Mehta was thrown out by the fate in the impact of the burst.
    She hero-worshipped her father and so did Rishi to his father. She accepted his way of thinking and teaching because, he was HER father. She couldn’t with Ramnath, because he is not her own blood. May be, he might have been a bete noire to her, but what with Rishi? Was he caught in the whirlwind between Ramnath and Shal? We don’t know because the character is not stretched. She was through and through thinking of her and only herself until she ended with up in the Ashram. But I am glad she came to her senses, before she reached her 50<SUP>th</SUP> birthday. She completed the circle by coming back to Rishi, accepting him and taking his children in her care. She learned about life in the hard way.
    Probably, that was how it was meant to be. I remember a song from a film “VAzhkai ennum Odam thalai siranda pAdam”

Sometimes, while eating peanuts I wonder why is it there is only one seed in one shell, 2 in some and three in some. Then instead of eating them as I break the nut, I would put the seeds together in a plate and wonder, which one of these was in the single shell? Does it matter? It doesn’t matter as long as we blend with others, be it single, married, widowed or divorced. I am not sure I would have been able to say what I said if I had not undergone the troubles which were blessings in disguise. I was able to enlighten myself spiritually, not necessary I have to wear a satin robe and flaunt myself to be a spiritual person. I read this in the book Ladies coupe “Love is a colorless, volatile liquid. Love ignites and burns, leaves no residue-neither smoke nor ash. Love is poison masquerading as the spirit of wine”, but she forgot to mention “Love is the only universalized rule that governs the World”. As I said before, marriage or any relationship is based on two things, being the right person and finding the right person.
    My throat was clogged when I was reading her parents sudden demise from her life, the only two person she ever had to truly love her, to show what it is to be loved. I wish to God to spare Shal’s out there in the world from the clutches of his reign-Fate.
    Sridhar, I am sorry to have bothered you with my looooong rambling. I have tried as much possible to be innocuous. I might have commented about Shal with prejudiced and biased perceptions, but I still like HER.