1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She - Final Episode!

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Aug 22, 2007.

1. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

That was indeed a befitting finale to the story of Shalini!!! Absolutely loved the serial & the characterizations from the start.

A point to mention here, is that i admire the comparison you made of one's situation in life to one's class in school! That was profound.

A warm welcome to you to the U S of A!! Hope you get to meet up with fellow IL'ites in the vicinity!!

Bon Voyage!!!

Ragini.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

So the saga of SHE- Shalini comes to an end! And what an end ! A very good job dear Varalotti. It had everything. A climax, unexpected twists, quotable quotes and very noble thoughts. Applause. Enjoyed reading it.
    Like Malathijagan and Imemyself and others, I liked the comparison of life travelling ahead to the classroom and school. I also liked the way you have made the protagonist discover her inner calling. She is a mother like the mother earth and the eternal woman : A SHE :))))
    When I first realized that Rishi was the patient and he has HIV, I thought -oh no, hope Sridhar did not make him all black. Therefore, I liked the way he got sick through blood transfusion and not because of his character fallacies. Hope I am able to convey my thoughts in this regard. It is so easy to make all the heroine's opponents into villains so she gains all the sympathy. You did not do that and it shows your maturity as a writer and as a person.
    A good Finale, all in all.

And a Bon Voyage !!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jaya,
    The famous Director K.Balachander once remarked that a creator will be happy only when he gets appreciation from his audience, for what he thinks is his best effort. If I utter something by the side and that gets appreciated I will not be happy. But I loved this statement when I wrote it. In fact I have been meditating on a statement like this for years.
    When my life was in its extreme, when I saw that there is no point in continuing to live, meditating on a statement like this gave me the courage to pull on. Thanks to that and thanks to Her Grace, I have come out of the tunnel.
    So when you pointed your praise to that one statement I was very happy. All my troubles in crafting this serial now appear to be fruitful.

Thanks, Jaya, for your kind words. Thanks for being the first to post.
    Can you tell me why you chose this id Imemyself? It sounds quite interesting.

regards,

4. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridharji..

I thought it would be Shalini who would be affected by AIDS.......okey....okey....
    I was just kidding.......nice story and a nice end.........made me just say "Thanks" to God for making me feel that he has given me everything in Life........"SHE"had been truly Sensational.........Enjoyed every episode.........though I do not fully agree with the characterisation of Shalini, in the end it also made me realise "Reality Bites"........One more thing I would love to learn from you....Time Management.......We can discuss abt this when u r back from US..........til then its bye from...AGR....agr.......agr (Oooph the last part was only an echo).....

5. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Shal emerged to be a very vibrant lady...I am amazed at the way you have created Shal!! What a twist Shridhar..I must honestly admit...
    First I thought the Bed14 patient was Jaggi..With all contexts pointing to army..I thought it can be our villain Captain father-in-law...I jumped out of my chair when I read RISHI...
    Finally, Shal's motherhood brought tears to my eyes..Really, Siva will be proud to have a daughter like Shal, even though he is watching her from Heaven.
    God bless you.
    Have a good trip. If you have a possibility to stop by Dubai, please remember I am just a call away.

Regards
    USHA

6. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Varalotti,
    Thanks for your reply!!
    Yes! You are right! When a writer can make people think through his writing and if that is able to make atleast a small change in their life or their attitude towards life in a better way...there he qualifies as a writer with the highest points...! :yes:

When I started reading 'SHE' I was tempted to reply during the intitial episodes but then decided to wait till the end...and I also wanted my post to be first one for your final episode!!!!:wink:

Coming to my username 'Imemyself'....
    Well...while registering for this forum...i dint want to use the usual usernames that i give ....! The significance of this forum is that it is specially for women....! when it comes to me...it is specially for penning down what i want..what i feel...my username is specifically dedicated just for me...!nobody is going to have an influence on that...It applies to all women folk here...cause when they have a family.....they usually don't find a space for themselves....!! everything that they feel or want should be inclusive along with the family...! atleast here...they are free to pen down their emotions...
    Oopsss!! let me stop here...else this will get into another discussion!!!!!!!!
    Let me finish it off saying that the username symbolises that this is just for me...me and me.... :)
    Hope you got the answer.... :)

Luv...Jaya

7. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    I am boarding the flight as a happy and a satisfied man for ILites and especially you have accepted the ending I gave to this serial.
    Apart from the class room lesson, Malathy, there is another lesson worth learning from SHE. In the first few episodes Shal appeared to be selfish; she appeared to be totally engrossed in herself, her pleasures and her gains. She advertised for male company. She chose to live in with men. But even in that selfishness there was an indisputable authenticity. Shal did not fake anything. She travelled in the course of life, and Life has the power to direct an authentic person to the path of love.

Many of us are not as selfish as Shalini in the earlier episodes. But we are also not as authentic as her. That is why our journey extends well beyond 18 weeks and is still continuing. We live according what others consider as good way of living and hence our search for our identities has remained eternal.

Somerset Maugham writes in his novel The Explorer, about our accepting moral principles as a matter of taste rather than as a law imposed on us. Same goes for helping others as well. We should not think that "we have to help others." But when we help, there should not be any conflict. Our mind, body and heart, all should wish that we should help the person in distress. Then only we can provide real help.

I read with interest your conversation with your cousin. Sorry to know about her tumour. What she says is true. But the others, who are mean, at their level also, they are operating on certain truths. It is better to leave those people alone.

Thanks a ton for your kind wishes, Malathi.

Love,

8. varalotti

Dear Vara,
    Thanks for those nice words. Yes, I was in deep agony till I finished writing this episode about three weeks ago. I tried several other endings, but nothing worked. And finally hit upon this, which just happened.

The "class" quote which you and many others appreciated, was inspired by a survey done in the US.

They traced the lives of hundreds of divorcees who went for other relationships. One striking finding was that, women, who divorced their husbands because he was an alchoholic invariably ended up marrying another alchoholic. They may initially marry a teetotaller; but the marriage could not be sustained.

That is why I made Shiva to say even in an early episode that we cannot go out of any relationship but can only grow out of it.

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes, Vara.

Regards,

9. varalotti

Hi Maya,
    thanks for the beautiful words you have for my story. I am happy that you liked the statement which I loved writing in the climax scene.

Thanks for your kind wishes, Maya.
    regards,

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Oh, here I am sitting spellbound and with tears in my eyes. You have finished the story with a very very touching episode. You have always given very different endings to your stories, but this one was a real surprise. Shalini seemd very selfish and almost without any morals in the initial episodes. But as the story unwinded, her real self was coming out and in this episode, she has completely captured our hearts.
    The human mind is a very strange one, especially the mind of a women. That is why the saying that one cannot find what is in the depths of a woman's mind. We have heard about many women who have taken very different and rebellious decisions in their lives. Shal is one among them.
    The words about getting out to the next class, is a very unique and novel one. You have shown life in a different angle in those words,kudos to you.
    You have really worked very hard for this serial and I bow to your imagination and hard work. Thanks for taking us on a journey into a woman's mind and her destination.