1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 6

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 31, 2007.

1. varasangam

varasangam New IL'ite

Hello Sri,

I had the opportunity to read SHE episode 1 to 6 in one go...been busy with work & I was away travelling and just realized that the 6 weeks have passed SHE has started. For someone reading all the 6 episodes, the story is well very told, I must say that Shalini is a very lucky girl for having dream parents and a job and of course a good husband. Does Shalini understand how lucky she has been for I feel her life has a well laid platter....only unfortunate thing is that is the very first episodes, losing both parents....

In saying that, I realise that she an empty marriage....Well, that is what she thinks....why does she not working to make the marriage work ....why not have a frank talk with her spouse and her father in law....to me, I don't believe that the people she is living with are really not that bad....why does she communicate her feelings and after all, she is the (only) lady of the house...just by asserting herself and telling them might enable them to see her view point....solving some of it the issues instead of jumping straight into asking for divorce?

Is both the partners lifestyles/thinking the only conflict....or is a deeper something in this failure of the marriage....

Looking forward for Rishi side of the story.....waiting for it to unfold to see what this gutsy girl has in store......for all us as readers............

Keep up the good work Sri.

With best regards,

Vara:)

2. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jr. Sri,

You did not have to kill Shiva to stimulate Shalini into action.

Coming to Shalini, how could she have melted at a simple suggestion to have lunch together, when she knows that Rishi is not capable of making his mind -- come on she should have been able to assess him by now. Especially, when she had resigned herself to his behaviour for the past so many years and no effort was made from either side to change their attitudes towards each other.

Why did Shalini not think about divorce before? Was she thinking that Shiva would be hurt by her decision? I think not because, given to understand in the last two episodes about endearing and understanding qualities of Shiva, I am sure had she confided in him earlier, he would have definitely supported her and advised her properly. And why did he not think of asking her about her marital life so far? -- idikkarathe :icon_frown:

4 people like this.
  3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Meena,

I have seen in people something as shocking as a loss of loved one force people to take drastic decisions. Not that the event prompts those decisions. But those decisions have been there in their mind for quite some point and the event was just the tipping point.

Yes, Meena, you are right. The scene is from Mounaragam, though it has been there earlier.

I spent more than 2 episodes to explain the state of Shalini's marriage. And that justifies her decision. Not that I am supporting Shalini; but that the subject has been brewing in her mind for quite some time. Even while Rishi wants to show love to her, it looks like as if he is acting on Captain's instructions.

Let Rishi's character remain as it is - a little too difficult to gauge. And Meena I have to sheepishly admit, that I also share your difficulty.

Let's go on with the story now and then in the end we can go for another round of discussion.

regards,

4. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Dear varalotti sir,

I have a funny news to share..

I had a beautiful dream last night.. and guess about whom it was.. you!

I dreamt that I met you near my home town in kerala. I still recollect your face very well :) we met in the junction near my house and I invited you over to my house. we were chatting some philosophy and then I got woken up from my sleep! :oops:
    I hope I get to meet you some day and curious whether you match your face that is still etched in my mind.. :)

See, how much you are taking over our lives.. it has gone beyond your control now :tongue
    Love
    Mythili

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

my my kamala,
    what a varaprasadam ur, u have graced mythili with his photograph to confirm her dream hahahhaah even this link is enlightening me abt my friend, thanku so much...love sunkan

7. varalotti

Dear Mythili,
    You see I am after all an ordinary human being, more ordinary than the most ordinary ones we meet in our daily life. So I have decided to prioritise your post for reply.
    Kamla has fulfilled a part of your wish. Agreed. But Kamla, did I offend you anytime in the past? If so, apologies. Because you have provided links to a not so good photo (though dubbed by my wife as a "true picture" of me) forgetting about a very flattering picture of mine in this site itself.

And Mythili, here's the link for that,
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/v...-stories/1451-varalotti-rengasamys-photo.html

It is a privilege to have come in your dream, an honour to have been invited to your house. A still greater honour that you in your dream made me talk about philosophy. Great.

Let's hope that we are destined to meet in real life too, sooner or later and that your dream is a precursor to that.
    Love,

8. varalotti

Re: Part 3!

Dear Malathi,
    Being a poet you have a way with the words. I loved the last sentence in your post,

"On the whole this episode was not only moving but fast moving too"
    In the same line you have used the word moving in both the senses of the word.
    Normally husbands are supportive to their wives when they are in trouble, like when they are sick, when they have lost their parents etc. While that in itself is commendable (as there are husbands who are not like that) that is not sufficient to sustain a marriage, if as in the case of Rishi-Shalini there is no active marriage subsisting. Can you please go back to the earlier episodes and read about Shalini consulting a Marriage Counsellor, her taking up a psychometric test etc. In all these cases I have portrayed what's the problem with Rishi.

And when Shiva told her that everything is a matter of choice that had had an impact on Shalini. Seeing her father die she is even more convinced that I have after all only one life to live and let me live it on my terms. Hence this drastic decision.
    Thanks Malathi for the really nice words,
    regards,

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Luckily for me, ( or, is it for you:))??), I am still near the computer and saw your reply post Sridhar!

Actually, I was trying to locate your writers' get-together pics, but couldn't locate it and googled this one out:)) This link was the first one and hence chose it:)

In doing so, I have learnt a lot more about you ditto Sunkan. You seem to have been a brilliant student. O wow, all those ranks. I am so proud to know you Sridhar:)

And who ever said that women are vain...absolutely wrong:)))

L, Kamla

10. varalotti

Dear Faultless One,
    You might have heard about the word "fairweather friend" These people will be there with us only when the going is good. In times of adversity they will be the first set of people to vanish. That's why they say that we get to know about our true friends only during our bad times.
    And please listen. I am introducing a concept which is the converse of fairweather friend. This concept applies to many marriages; in fact many marriages are sustained because of this.
    I will illustrate. Let's take a marriage like that of Shal. Not functional, existing only as a form without any substance. The husband does not care one way or other. Suddenly the wife has a heart attack. Now the husband is shocked. He is with her all the time. Pleads with tearful eyes to the doctor, does not go to work, does not eat well, visits temples with the most fervent prayers. The wife melts. And in that minute of fulfilment her heart is healed. She returns home a happy and a proud woman. She is now back to action. After a month or so, the husband's attention wanes and within 6 months he is back to the pavilion.
    The wife cannot expect any love from her husband unless she has another heart attack. For many women the occasional love shown to them is enough to sustain them for the rest of their lives. Not for my heroine.

Rishi providing moral support to Shalini has to be construed in this angle.
    Rest assured Anjana, nothing is wrong with you. Nothing can be wrong with you as your name translates into Faultless One.

Thanks for the participation,
    Love,