Sharing My Happiness…..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Mar 16, 2023.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am so excited to renovate my home.Thrown away all the home furniture and stripped the dirty carpet..it’s like an building a home from scratch..

I also started declutter as we decided to throw away any stuff which holds no purpose and also booked a truck individually for that..

That’s when everything started:.

I thought I had a simple home and not much stuff but trust me I disposed bags and bags of unused stuff,clothes ,torn rugs,utensils..I realized that maybe I am a hoarder..

The most emotional part of decluttering was the memories..

My kids baby clothes,Halloween clothes,my old clothes which got me million compliments,my first everything stuff,greeting cards,utensils…GOSH!! I broke down crying..

I have watched tv shows of home makeover
    And people crying which amused me but when am in their position now..it was painful BUT such a sense of relief!!

I had so much broken stuff dumped in the basement,garage and my backyard with broken chair..how did I even live this way!!

Everything Thrown out…

I cried so much as I missed my memories!But I felt so relieved ! I felt like
    Am starting fresh!!!

even the air in my home feels pure now :)I am able to breathe!

My beautiful zen home which is my dream will be ready in some Weeks..

I always felt ashamed when people came home.Nobody judged me atleast to my face and were nice but I didn’t feel good to invite people over..now my beautiful home will make me feel different hopefully..

I have discarded memories,people and stuff which serves me no purpose!

I am starting a brand new life..with a new mindset..with more confidence..

I am also planning to do pooja and do everything to bring more positive energy in the house..

Wish me luck friends:) Sharing my happiness..I feel overwhelmed..

Laks09, gknew, Anusha2917 and 2 others like this.

2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

so happy for you for the new beginning, enjoy your brand new life...

ohooooo may every day be a weekend for you:thumbup::clap2::thumbup::clap2:...

we planning to declutter our house too but after our vacation in summer.. so waiting for that and most important is clothing away kids clothes.... oh myyyyyyy i stuck all those below one yr clothes as a pillow and use it hahahaha..

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks so much:) It will be tough to throw away stuff but the feel good is worth it:)

gknew and swarnamary like this.
  4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Good luck and so happy for you Anika.
    I can feel the warmth and happiness in your post. It definitely gave you a great positive energy.

I recently moved from an apartment to a new house and trust me, I threw lots of stuff. I threw an entire full size U-Haul truck full of things. I had only few boxes to transport to the new house. I trashed everything else and I was so surprised that I filled up the entire U-Haul truck full of things to throw away. The things which I am supposed to move to the house wasn't even filled half of that U-Haul truck. But the trash was. I moved only little and bought new things. And decided to be minimalistic.

I thought I was having a small apartment with only necessary things. I wasn't and that taught me a good lesson.

I even called the junk away company to take away my mattresses as I don't want to put the mattress in the trash.

Though we feel bad by throwing this, but it definitely gives you positive energy and mind for sure.

Keep us posted on this thread and keep sharing your happiness, ideas and thoughts. Good luck my friend.

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear:)

gknew likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Home renovation is no joke I feel..though excited ..stress is undeniable.Plus am also decluttering..adding to it is kids,work etc..plus I could not workout or do yoga as there is no space..had a tub of icecream yesterday:)
    The wood for flooring is yet to come..my house looking like a stripped chicken lol and I feel so tired a lot lately..hubby too..

Hopefully when things get started all will get better:)

gknew likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Funny thing is the more I declutter I realized I had more trash in the house than things :grinning:

So many unwanted and unused stuff..

gknew likes this.