1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing makes life lot more easier

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ansh12, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Ansh and for everybody who is thinking/wanting to take a pup home...

First of all please ask yourself whether you are serious enough about bringing a pup home ( a dog remains a child till his last breath).

Being a dog(lover)fanatic, I can write page about the advantages of having a dog at home. But there are a few points which you should keep in mind...

A very young pup cannot be left alone at home... first and foremost he needs to be house broken... otherwise you are going to be left with a dog who is going to make your house and your life miserable.

You can forget about going on breaks/holidays :) unless you can find someone to take care of him.. ( Bangalore has some good kennels ( hostels as they call it ).. I wouldnt like to comment about the state of the kennels in chennai :-(

Be prepared to lose about a dozen shoes/slippers :) ( all chewed by him)... this is definitely going to happen when the time comes for you to leave him alone at home and leave for work ..

You should be prepared to follow the daily routine/schedule that you fix for him...( much as I would like to cuddle in bed on a wintry morning, I have to be up at 5 to take Joshua on his walk ) and believe me.. as you get older ... it gets more difficult .. :)

If you are living in an apartment complex, ensure that the other residents do not object to your having a dog at home.... ( my neighbour will insist on swinging his arms and walking ( i think on purpose ) when Joshua is around , knowing fully well that a dog gets excited and will bark and then takes pleasure in turning around and announcing .... I think society should bring a rule that pet owners should not be allowed to live here !!!

To all dog owners, their pet is their life, their darling .. but not all people look at it that way ..

I will stop my two cents bit worth here ... maybe Paulina can add some more :)

but if you are prepared to put up with these .. I would definitely advise you to go ahead and adopt a pup.. ( preferably from the Blue cross )...and please call me home when you get him:)

take care and all the best

Bhooma