1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share the moments your ILs made you feel special...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by iswaryadevi, Nov 16, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

One look at the forum gives a negative feeling that all ILs are bad. But people are changing. Nowadays ILs are so loving and affectionate.

Share the moments your ILs made you feel special. Did you see a mother in your MIL, father in your FIL, brother in your BIL, sister in your SIL, daughter in your DIL, son in your SNIL Appreciate them in this thread. Do share those special moments :)

1 person likes this.

2. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

Aishwarya, Let me be the first to reply.

When i visit my inlaws place, my MIL treat me so special irrespective of hubby or SIL is present or not.She will not allow me to do any household works.:coffee
    Both my MIL & FIL keep distance in interfering in our personal lives.sometimes this makes me feel they are least bothered, but the other way i feel very gifted.They do care for us, but since i have SIL, they have more priorities than us & i keep my expectations limited.

I see them as MIL, FIL and not as Mother/Father might be they are distant in our life. On the whole my inlaws are BETTER peoples in may ways.

sindmani likes this.
  3. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi Aishwarya,
    Thanks for providing the opportunity to share about (S)MIL- Second Mother in Life.
    My SMIL is a harmless character. She always want everyone to be happy. She shares everything with me and me too. Wherever she goes, will tell everyone about me that I am her daughter and she is lucky to have me ( whether i am there or not). My FIL too shares everything with than his son. For my thala deepavali, when i was thinking to have mehandi, he went for a hunt in my village and finaly bought and gave me surprise.
    I am lucky to have them as my SMIL and SFIL

sindmani likes this.
  4. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

:thumbsup

Enna Ice, eppo kannalam? :)

my share: MIL doesnt allow me to do any work. she always serves me food even the second, third servings until i get up from the table she will be there and make sure i eat properly. FIL gets something for me to eat if he hears me talking about that food. they took me shopping (i guess it would be the last time they do that) and forced me to take all the 4 dresses i shortlisted (and ended up spending double the budget). elder BIL is very nice to me, he even scolded his parents and supported me on an issue. cosis was suprised but she was generous to let him support me (this was in my absence so i feel really lucky here) i dont like the other set of bil/cosis, i guess Ice would not let me vent here :)

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Send us your marriage invitation Ice :thumbsup
    All of your threads suggest it is imminent soon, LOL! :)

6. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

I haven't spent much time with my ILs, and in that time too, 80% of the time they were under SIL's influence, the remaining 20%, they were nice to me.

MIL taught me recipes for different types of sweets and snacks and curries. When I told her about my favorite type of laddus, she made me a whole lot of them before leaving. FIL is very particular about his food, so she used to help me in the kitchen to make sure he doesn't get mad at me. She gave me her pooja books (very old ones that she has been using for years). She buys me stuff when she shops for her daughter (although I never get them, no thanks to the evil SIL), but the thought counts. She is ever ready to help me with any questions regarding cooking or anything.

7. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Even I am lucky...List is quite big, but I have given a few of them.
    MIL gives me good food and is ever helpful. If I am not well, she takes good care of me. She keeps me informed about any important events in the day. If she buys something for herself, she makes sure to buy for me as well.
    She gives lots of tips on managing cooking and cleaning efficiently.
    Most importantly, she praises me in front of outsiders.

FIL is very caring and soft spoken. Helps with veggie shopping.

BIL is jovial and adjusting by nature. If he buys something for mom, he is sure to buy for me as well.

On my birthday, I get a nice gift, and sweets!

By the way, unmarried girls, we are looking out for a nice life partner for my bil.
    Anyone interested??

Raji

8. Menku

Menku Junior IL'ite

Raji highly unlikely that an unmarried women would be reading all these posts and going thru this forum !

9. iswaryadevi

Thanks for sharing :)

10. iswaryadevi

:thumbsup Thanks for sharing :)