1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share something that makes you feel proud of yourself

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ansh12, Aug 30, 2009.

1. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

We have gone through a lot in life. We have been sharing our pain and bitterness. Let us peck ourselves up by sharing something which makes us feel proud of ourselves.

In my case, out of many things there are two things which make me feel proud

1. Saying "NO" to sex determination after my daughter was born with congenital heart problem and i conceived again. Doctor had advised medical termination of pregnancy as I was not in right frame of mind and my daughter had not yet undergone surgery. My husband and IL wanted me to keep the child in case it was a male. I didn't argue, I just told my husband, I am ready to keep the child if u wish (against doctor's advise) provided no sex determination is carried out, but, I will not abort the child if after sex determination it turns out to be a female. I stuck to my guns. This makes me feel proud. Had I succumbed to their demands, i wouldn't have been able to forgive myself for murdering a unborn daughter.

2. I feel proud of getting my daughter operated upon against all odds. My ILs had faith in some baba who told that she would die if she was operated upon. Though I was trembling with fear deep inside that what if I lose her, I am already at the verge of losing my family and if she also doesn't survive, what will I do. I took the decision(my grand parents, my parents supported me) to go ahead with her surgery without the support of my IL and today she is a beautiful young teenager going to be 16 next year.

Please, share the moments/ decisions that make you feel proud.

Best wishes
    Ansh

2. ankitkaran

ankitkaran Bronze IL'ite

Ansh kudos to you. I still believe that we can take over things when it comes to taking care of our kids. I am glad that you daughters are in their teenage. I still do not believe why we still crave for a boy child.

When I was carrying my 1st son I had spotting's for 2 weeks and went for check up to a famous doctor. They confirmed that I was pregnant but the fetus was dead and had to get aborted. Both of us were happy and shocked with the news. We were actually not ready to accept it so went to my mom who was working as Nursing Suptd and told her about it. She took us to another doc and she asked us to wait for another 2 weeks and then go for a scan if the fetus is alive then we will go ahead or ....

After 2 weeks we found that the baby was doing fine and doc was happy that she had asked us to wait. Both of us had no words to express with the news. We are glad that we did not go according to the first doc's advise. I was given hormonal injections to keep my baby secured and went through scanning regularly till the 7th month. I delivered a boy baby. (We were expecting girls since both of us love girls.)

Today my son is 14 yrs and he is a gem and when we are glad that we went for the second opinion.

Kiran

3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

When I walked out of my marriage in the UK, I returned to India without any proper job in hand. I was determined to take a new profile just to keep myself good about me. A better profile, a better job. I was on stress relief medicines and anti-depressants for 4 months. I used to only sleep eat and sleep. Despite this I gave interviews and I changed my profile successfully. I took the job and left to the US immediately. Since then I have traveled twice this year.

I went ahead an purchased my second car and an apartment. Ofcourse without the support of my family this would not have happened.

One's strength lies in emerging successfully from all odds. The weakness lies in exploiting others. I have never ever exploited anyone. This makes me proud.

4. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Ankitkaran

Yes, gut feelings at times turn out to be right.

I had to abort my pregnancy due to medical reason, so I have only one daughter,but, I feel proud that it was not because of sex determination that I took that decision.It was because of medical reasons. Till today, i don't know what was the sex of foetus (as it was only three weeks old). Had I taken the decision to abort on the basis of sex of the child, I wouldn't have forgiven mlyself whole of my life.

Regards
    Ansh

5. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

CanWait,
    :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

You are what you want to be and your life is how you want it to be without compromising your integrity and self-dignity.
    drjp

6. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Wow! Canwait

You r really a woman of substance. I feel proud to know a person like you

Hi drjp

I would like to about your proud moments too.

Regards
    Ansh

7. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

Ansh,
    Thanks for asking.
    If the title was to share about the things I am not proud of....I would have been the first :rotfl:rotfl
    Guess, I am still in the phase of rectifying or coming to terms with not so proud moments of my life and waiting for results!!

One thing for sure, I admire your attitude towards life :bowdown:bowdown
    I was never in a situation like yours, but can only imagine the predicament you were in when you had to deal with a physically ill child and mentally ill husband that is not willing to get help for the child.

Needless to say, you did the right thing.

Will surely contribute to this thread at a later date.
    drjp

8. rekha11

rekha11 New IL'ite

I guess its too early for me to say if I am proud of it but definitely happy about it though. when my IL's visited us during my pregnancy, my MIL told us we were unorganised and we will have a hard time managing the baby. She also suggested me come to India for the full post partum period. suggestions became more intense(involving everyone around us) and we were pressurised. But I took it up as a challenge. After my parents left me with a 3 month old I handled things well and my son is just as fine as anywhere he could have been.

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

When I first got married I was 19. Everyone was talking behind my back saying now I would never finish school as I still had 4 years to go. They all said I would get pregnant and become typical housewife. Or even worse, our 'love marriage' was full of crap and we would divorce within the first year. My mil's astrologers especially were predicting my failure.

I'm proud to say, not only will I have completed 4 years of college this December, but I'm starting my 5th year to complete my CPA. Also proud to say, dh and I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary this January (total of 5 years together). Take that, critics! :thumbsup

10. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rekha and Suitablegirl

U surely proved yourself strong women by proving others wrong. I am sure that there are many more gals here in IL married, unmarried, divorced, who would be having many proud moments to share. After all NARI SHAKTI had GODS kneeling down asking for protection from Demons.

I am eagerly waiting for more replies

Thanks
    Ansh
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">