Share about your Role Models

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mythreyiraju, Mar 9, 2009.

1. mythreyiraju

mythreyiraju Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Behind this thread, i have a thought. In everyone's life there is some
    Role Models. I am strongly believe that Role Models will impact in our
    life fully or partially.

My Role Models are Sudha Murthy and Abdhul Kalam Ji

Sudha Murthy: She is Mrs. Narayana Murthy(Infosys Founder). Hope everyone recognises her now. I liked her life style i.e simplicity. I learnt that, how to lead our life happily with +ve thinking and confidence.

She wrotes books also. Her book 'Ammamma Chadulu' is very nice book.
    If anyone got any oppurtunity to read that please read it don't miss that
    book.

A.P.J. Abdul Kalam: He is very famous person. Everyone knows him.
    I am a fan of his books. I admire his activities on different situations.
    He is a unique person.

Both are having one unique quality i.e Simplicity.

Now i am also following that simplicity in my life style also.

Come on Ladies, Share your exp. or thoughts about your Role Models and
    how they impact in your life.

Love
    My3:thumbsup
    Believe the best of everybody

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009

2. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Nice thread Mythreyi. Hmmmm...... I need to think now. As such I do not have any role models although I admire lot of people.....not very famous though.
    My childhood friend who would do her homework and study everyday's lesson taught at school and then by final exams she was pretty much prepared.......she would watch cricket match when there was MATH exam....FINAL next day!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Always wanted to be like that but could never make it....LOLOLOL
    I admire people who are organized since I am not and will I ever be???....left to imagination.

OK now seriously...My role model is my DAD who is always calm, kind and humble person. He always says ....Pray God to give you strength to face the problems. He has taught me that happiness lies in being satisfied with what you have and in counting your blessings.
    He is 70 years young man.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear all,
    nice thread. my role model is my MOM. she was the one who taught me the very essence ofGITA, by doing her duty sincerly and passionately, without expecting anything from any body. till her death she was doing her work by herself teaching" than kaiye thanakku udhavi".she only taught us not to talk ill about others even it they do wrong toyou. so many things to write. to day to some extent, i behave in a good way to all my relatives, neighbours, friends is due to her only.i do not want to bore you.
    with love
    pad.

4. mythreyiraju

Hi Adara and Padma,

:thankyou2: for sharing about your Role Models.

Love

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mythreyi,
    Nice thread...
    My role models are many..
    As pointed by you..our former President Mr.Abdul Kalaam is one of them.

From my parents...many to point out..one thing...they are satisfied with what they have..they don't find fault in others, even if there is a fault, they let go off. helpful to others.
    From my grandparents...planning, discussing and organising.
    From my distant relative whom we call as Manni...her tolerance, her helpful nature, her adjustment to any new enviornment..
    My Uncles and Aunts..their activeness.
    From my MIL..how one should not be...this is also necessary for our future life, isn't it! I am not blaming her...but in a way, she is a role model too..

sriniketan

6. kalaisiva

kalaisiva Senior IL'ite

Valuable thread to discus

I am alwaz point out my powerful and wonderful Mom as my role model. She is the one who alwaz withstands everything in her life and alwaz give her better side to us. She has gone thru plenty troubles in her life for us. She is un comparable person in this world. I learn everything from her only. She has given me strong mental charector and maturity in my life. Me and My sister are the luckiest to have her as my mom.
    Even she didnt study much but she can gget along with any person and always give them strrength in their life. Her closest friends alwaz say to us whenever she is in the goup they all will be very happy as she always discuss gud things.
    She is the one who pointed out my bad things and always criticize me to be a good person in my life. Many things to write........
    So I am happy to say My mom is everything to me....she is the one who made me......

7. mythreyiraju

Hi Friends,

Sriniketan -> Parents, Relative and Aunt and Uncle are your Role Models.
    Gud. Everyone has some Unique qualities. Good to hear about your
    Role models.

'From my MIL..how one should not be...this is also necessary
    for our future life, isn't it! I am not blaming her...but in
    a way, she is a role model too..'.

Now your thinking your MIL is also your Role model. Gud.
    I like your way of thinking about People. Keep it Up.
    Thank u for sharing about your Role Models.

Kala -> Mom is ur Role Model. Gud. Thank you for sharing
    with us.Gr8 to have a Mom like that. Feel proud to have a
    such a Gr8 mother.

tell me how you did you celebrated 'Mothers Day'.
    Is there something spl. dear?

Thank You dear for sharing with us.

Love

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Although I am not sure I would say role model, the person who I find deeply inspirational is Alexandra David-Neel, the French occidental scholar and adventuress who would dozens of books over her hundred year life span. Her deep philosophical understanding of Buddhism and her simplicity of writing are truly extraordinary. She was a woman who lived her life on her terms and did it spectacularly.

A deep meditator she lived in a cave in the height of the Himalaya for retreat, she lived and studied with great religious scholars all over Asia, and at the age of 55 in 1923, she and her adopted Tibetan son walked from China to Lhasa (1000 miles) over the Himalaya in winter with only a cotton tent, disguised as a Tibetan pilgrim. At that time it was illegal for foreigners to enter Tibet which she did at great risk. Her historical accounts are some of the few from the period before the Chinese invasion.

If you want to read the works of a truly empowered woman, read a few of her books.