Shantimuhurtham - How To Calculate

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by rosylife, Mar 3, 2019.

1. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Dear ladies

This for a friend of mine and myself. She is about to get married. She wants to know about Shantimuhurtham this month for consummating marriage. She is embrassed to ask relatives. Can anyone help?

vjan29 likes this.

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Calculate ? Calculate what ?
    Hahaha... there is a song that goes "me, myself and I".
    I would advice Shanti not to stress her husband on the wedding day.

Sometimes there'd be the big-match-jitters, and he might not leave a favorable impression for a rematch.

It is best to go to a honeymoon resort, and go for it in a relaxed mood, even at high noon, when all systems are fully visible and no need to reach for an operating manual reference.

Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rosylife,

As far as I remember the shanthimuhurtham is same night as the wedding. I have not seen many instances where it is outside wedding date (I could be wrong also). And the wedding date is decided keeping in mind the birth stars of bride and groom . So for your friend ideally the wedding date would be her first night. For you ,if you are keen on all these timings in my opinion better approach some knowledgeable person like an astrologer who can fix a timing.
    In general it's difficult for any ILite to share a date here unless the astrologers in the forum bump here,take additional details from you and guide you in the right way.
    Good luck with your shanthimuhurtham. :)
    Regards ,
    Anusha.

Ammu2886, shravs3 and Amulet like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Difficult ?! Not at all. Even the Panchangam is online these days. And then there are a number of serious practitioners of "the tradition" writing blogs on the how-to, on pretty much everything.... all at the end of a suitable google enquiry.

Years and years ago, when my mum got married, she had not reached menarche yet. So her day of discovery was much later. In these modern times, when such child marriages are illegal, and girls are older, and quite knowledgeable (thank you very much), it is done the same day as the marriage, to cut down on the cost of another separate ceremony. In old conversations with mum, I learnt that even after a girl had attained puberty, her parents used to delay that for the husband to get through his finals exams without "distractions", and settle in a job. And the girl will be carrying water jugs at home, to develop hips that are necessary for the job ahead.

Talking of the job ahead, one blogger writes about grahastha life, and lists out those inauspicious days for congress :rolleyes:. I lol'd at the notions of how frequently a congress should be convened. Not exactly a selling point to the newly weds. Anyhow.. here is the link: :Share Thoughts: GRAHASTHA ASHRAMAM - MARRIAGE LIFE

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Needtobestrong and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Indeed a great article.. Enjoyed reading it @Amulet .
    OP go through that for some inputs.. :)

Amulet likes this.
  6. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

It is ideal the shantimuhurtham is planned on the same night of wedding day as the wedding is calculated keeping all in mind, should not be missed.

7. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

As far as I know it's the same night as wedding..
    Your friend can use some online astrology service or consult astrologer in person for more precision..it's quite embarrassing to ask relatives or family members..
    But it's not really fair to place a time slot for such things...intimacy is something which should happen naturally right? Won't the new groom feel unnecessary stress if he isn't ready or already nervous? Just give it a thought.

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

moved to Never Mind thread...

Attached Files:

9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Yes. Well said

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congress? :lol: :blush: :facepalm:

Interesting article. Though I searched for many terms including 'congress', 'sex', 'cons..' before chancing upon the list of suggested do-not days.