Shampoo - Read it its worth(1 min pls.............)

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by ksv, Mar 28, 2007.

1. ksv

ksv Senior IL'ite

Hello All!!
    Just for your info, and please take note of the shampoo you use to wash your hair every night! Girls will definitely use more! Check the ingredients listed on your shampoo bottle, and see if they have this substance by the name of Sodium Laureth Sulfate, or simply SLS. This substance is found in most shampoos, and the manufactures use it because it produces a lot of foam and it is cheap. But the fact is that SLS is used to scrub garage floors, and it is very strong. lt is also proven that it can cause cancer in the long run, and this is no joke. I went home and checked my shampoo (Vidal Sassoon), it doesn't contain it: however,others such as Vo5, Palmolive, Paul Mitchell,
    the new Hemp shampoo, Pantene Pro-V etc.. contains this substance.So I called one company, and I told them their product contains a substance that will cause people to have cancer. They said "Yeah, we knew about it but there is nothing we can do about it because we need that substance to produce foam. By the way Colgate toothpaste also contains the same substance to produce the "bubbles". They said they are going to send me some information. Research has shown that in the 1980s, the chance of getting cancer is 1 out of 8000 and now, in the 1990s, the chances of getting cancer is 1 out of 3, which is very serious. So I hope that you will take this seriously and pass this on to all the people you know, and hopefully, we can stop "giving" ourselves the cancer virus.

Regards,
    K.Sri

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Good information - I remember reading about SLS too. Since my hair was dropping like crazy, i googled to find out remedies and one of them that came up said to avoid SLS containing shampoos - but that ingredient is in a lot of shampoos! We all need to be careful of what we put in our bodies!

Shobana

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for this article, KSri. From now on I had to look after that SLS thing when I buy any shampoo.
    Now only I came to know- why my bath tub and sink went sprakling for days when i used to clean it with the remnants of dandruff shampoo.:mrgreen:
    sriniketan

4. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Sri,
    Thank you for sharing this very useful information. I will check the shampoos used at my home. And, I will definitely pass on the information to everyone I know.:goodidea:
    Thank you, again.
    Regards,
    Sharada

5. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Sri

Thank you very much for the info. I am using colgate only and I need to chage that.

regards
    Lakshmi

6. sandhya19

sandhya19 New IL'ite

hi ksv,
    thanks for giving the info.i use pantene shampoo,will change now.
    but how do these companies get permission to use ingredients that r dangerous?

sandhya:confused2:

7. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Thank you for such a vital information... Will look for the substance SLS hereafter, when we buy the shampoo....

8. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hi,
    after reading this post,i googled&found that this is true!!!i have been using pantene for quite sometime&have been complaining about hairfall to 'tom dick&harry'!!!anyways,ladies can anyone of you suggest shampoos that do not contain SLS?

9. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I use Raaga herbal powder, it frothes like shampoo and gets rid of oil completely. It makes hair a bit dry, but if you use a conditioner, it iwll be non issue.
    Mythili

10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

My goodness Is it true Oh god! i jus cant beleive and digest the fact and also iam choked to see the matter and i immi. rushed to my bathroom and checked mine and my hubbys shampoo

HEAD & SHOULDERS and
    L'OREAL

both these have that SLS

Thank God and you i reeally very thankfulk to u this is very very very useful information and i will also convey this message to everybody and

Can u all please suggest us whihc shampoo does not have that SLS , we all will be very much thankful.

latamurali:-(