Shame on you, Tiwari !!!

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Nandshyam, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

It was long ago when I was proud to be an Indian.. With the latest issues and developments in India makes me cringe.

This guy is supposed to be a freedom fighter with high morals in life. Crap !!

Those who don't know the news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rocJm8GqcM&feature=related

ABN channel, owned by Telugu daily Andhra Jyothi, Friday showed explicit clippings purported to be of Tiwari involved in a sex romp. It claimed that the pictures were taken in the Raj Bhavan.

President's secretary Christy Fernandez confirmed that Tiwari had quit.

'Yes, he sent in his resignation to President Pratibha Patil,' Fernandez told IANS.

A day after the channel showed pictures of an elderly man purported to be Tiwari with three young women in bed, the pressure was mounting on the 86-year-old leader to quit on moral grounds.

Sources said Tiwari resigned after the central government asked him to quit on receipt of a report from state government over the alleged sex scandal.

Earlier, United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi discussed the developments with senior Congress leaders Pranab Mukherjee and A.K. Antony in New Delhi.

The channel quoted Radhika, a woman from Uttarakhand, as saying that she sent the young women to the Raj Bhavan on Tiwari's request through his aide.

She claimed that she was 'exposing' the governor as he failed to keep his word to provide her a mining licence in Andhra Pradesh.

On a petition by the governor's officer on special duty Aryandra Sharma, the state high court Friday ordered the channel to stop the telecast of the tape and adjourned hearing in the case to Dec 30.

The governor's office issued a statement Friday evening terming the story as 'malicious'. It alleged that the tapes were fabricated and untruthful.

Andhra Jyothi management denied that the tapes were fabricated and said it was trying to get the court stay order revoked.

The scandal rocked the state at a time when it was already embroiled in violent agitation over separate statehood to Telangana.

According to sources, the central government was already looking for a replacement to Tiwari in view of the constitutional crisis triggered by the en masse resignations of the legislators over the Telangana issue.

The sources pointed out that possible President's Rule would require an active governor and in view of Tiwari's poor health the government was trying to find a successor.

Tiwari, who has been chief minister of two states (Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand) and held important portfolios in union governments, was even a contender for prime ministership when he was upstaged by P.V. Narasimha Rao in 1991.

Wish we follow the Mideast punishments for such crimes in India..

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

nandhu,

it is a shame.

long before i have conditioned my mind to not get shocked over all these sex, money, political, filmy scandals.

believe it or not you can never frame an opinion about any one based on past performance, position, qualification, religion, etc.

see tiger woods, now he is hiding in the woods.

the clintons, the jacksons, the tiwaris, the list is endless of which we are aware of.

amongst us as well there are characters like this but as we are not celebrities or people of importance our leelas have not been exposed.

tell me how would you know me commenting here is not a sinner.

like kamalji said in one of his thread - as long as you are not caught in the act it's fine.

i will put it this way:

If you are "Caught in the Act" your "Fame turns to Shame".

Then it's the "Name the Fame & Shame Act".

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

well said..

I am just upset that these people should know, when you are in such high position, one should lead a moral life and be a role model to others.

86 year old in an orgy is not something our young indians should be looking upto :rant

4. robertvaz

robertvaz New IL'ite

Let not young india take him as role model.

The channel has done some good work. But it would be better if they have aired the news without the video. It may not arouse mass upsurge. But the goal would have been achieved.