1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Severe Cough & Cold

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by PrathyushaCh, Jan 19, 2011.

1. PrathyushaCh

PrathyushaCh New IL'ite

My DD is 15months old and has been sick all through out this winter. Tired of taking her to doctor often. Any home remedies on how to alleviate her congestion? She's not able to sleep during the nights. I'm afraid she might get ear infection if her cold isn't treated. Last time she had cold for few days and she immediately got ear infection and was on high dose antibiotics for 20 days, 2 doses daily and as soon as we stopped the antibiotics, she got Yeast infection. By reading all this, you must have realized, she goes to daycare and this is her first winter in daycare. I'm so tired and feel so bad for her and with all these health issues, she lost lot of weight as she didn't feel like eating anything...

I'm following all these tips and nothing seems to be really working.

1) Humidifier with vicks in the night
    2) Putting her in the bathroom with hot shower ON
    3) Head is elevated when she's asleep

Please help, desperate for advices

2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Cool humidifier is better than the warm one. The warm one actually makes the cough worse. Same for hot shower vapor.

Run the cool humidifier 24/7 in the room she is in.

Add a lot of tumeric to her diet. It helps fight infections.

Increase her fluid intake to almost double her usual.

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

I would like to suggest u if mustard oil is available then try this. Heat some mustard oil add omam to the oil and massage ur daughter's feet chest and apply on head too. If u like u can massage whole body. Omam helps to remove congestion. U can give her 2pinch pepper powder in honey. Instead of antibiotics try consulting homeopath. wishing soon recovery soon.

luv
    Padma

4. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Try adding 2-3 pods of garlic to the dal & veg you cook, it helps to improve her immunity, also fights well against cold. I have been using warm humidifer since the onset of winter and it really helps me and my LO thru this climate. Give her warm soups frequently. Try to give her orange juice at regular intervals. offer her 1/2 tsp of honey +1/2 tsp of ginger juice + 1/2 tsp of lime juice twice a day, honey soothens her throat.

Hope this helps.

sangi:thumbsup