1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

severe constipation for my 3 yr old son!!! pls help

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ramyasriram79, May 2, 2015.

1. ramyasriram79

ramyasriram79 New IL'ite

Dear Friends

My son is 3 years old and he is suffering from severe constipation for past 1 year...we have tried all sorts of medicines, techniques, homeopathy etc ...
    nothing works out.

now we are giving him cremaffin syrup every alternate to pass stools

can anyone help me on this?? if he doesnt pass the stools he is very restless :(

Thanks

2. sha2

sha2 Senior IL'ite

Try Flax seeds,prune juice and probiotics.It worked for my son.

3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes it can become a vicious cycle as the child may be afraid of pooping and that also causes constipation. With my youngest I noticed that he will not do it if we are not at home so I hade to limit my visits to other houses (max one night away). He also got scared (as it hurted) so for many months I had the potty in the living room and he watched cartoons while he did it (to relax). Was so embarrassed when had some guests over and he walked to the bathroom, got the potty and sat in front of the TV ... :oops:

The important thing is the diet. Lot of fruits, veggies, seeds and nuts. Limit amount of white flour, sugar, white rice and pasta. Lot of fluids to drink.

4. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Fibre is the savior to this problem. Give oats, banana which can bulk up stools. Give lots of water, prunes, yogurt that will help with this issue.

5. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Try to give him juice of 5-7 grapes. Just squeeze ripe grapes and you will get about 2 tbl spn juice. It worked for my daughter.

6. larcusa22

larcusa22 New IL'ite

Fiber is imp. Fruits like orange,apples,mangoes etc. Make sure he eats fruits and not just juices as fruits have all the good fiber. Oatmea,whole wheat chapatis. If u have methi seeds make a powder of it and give him a spoon. It will b bitter but u can mix it with something sweet to make it edible or make him eat methi leaves rotis/parathas or methi sabzi.prunce juice is good too.

7. larcusa22

larcusa22 New IL'ite

Also some warm water few times a day. You can add few drops of lemon juice too. Warm water really helps during constipation.

8. niriha

niriha Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    You can add greens like Palak to the meals and also you can give guava

9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Is he on iron supplement or eating raagi .both of these cause constipation . Get it checked with and see if he any tears which might be painful when passing tools . Try and heal any wounds , include prune juice or dr to give some laxative for some period of time . Once he gets over the anxiety and pain for passing stools it might get better .

include lot of fiber and water in food . Keep suppositories ready at home which can be used to soften the stool if it becomes very painful .

10. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Are you adding ghee to his diet. If not, try adding at least 2 spoons per day. This will ease his stools. I have told this solution to few of my friends for their kids & it worked too.