1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Serving bowls

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by cool09, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Hopefully you dont gulp all the wine using the steel davaraa tumblers :crazy

2. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

hi,
    I use glass dishes for serving for guests. but at home we still use stainless steel vessels & "tumblers dabara for coffee&tea"

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Thanks SP.Iam doing good.We have the Corelle ones.Personally I like steel plates:hide:.I would look out for deals.

Thanks again:hiya

4. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Even i use correle for guests and for us steel plates and tumblers.But which one would be good to serve sweet and desserts.I mean bowl types..And also serving bowls which one to use.

5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Clear glass will look beautiful for colorful sweets etc.

I got nice dishes ( bowl, plates) in second hand stores in a great condition.

If you live in By Area, try the Discovery Stores ( Cancer Foundation), they have great stuff.

Good Day!!!!

6. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the lovely inputs:) will try to find deals..am looking for good glass bowls both bigger and small ones to serve desserts..hope i get some good ones..is pyrex good for serving? coz i find mixing bowls only

7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

cool09

If the guest are 5+ in number, I always use the disposable paper plates/cups/tumblers and plastic spoons because it is such a pain to wash them all after they leave. For stuff like rasam/sambar, I use the thick dixie kind of plates which we get in bulk in costco/sam's!

At home for our use, we have stainless steel plates/tumblers. For very close friends who don't need any special kind of cooking, we serve them on steel plates as well!!

For laying out the dishes, I usually use the pyrex mixing bowls. If the quantity is too much, I lay them out in disposable aluminum baking pans we get in grocery stores for $1-2. Again, easier to just throw away because I like to put away all the dishes I used to cook for washing even before we begin to eat and have a clean kitchen and it's convenient that way.

8. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

Thanks peartree..such a nice reply..we also use stainless steel tumbler and davara and plates for each of us ..will buy pyrex mixing bowls to serve..

u r from aug due date club right? have read all ur posts dear:) how is ur LO doing? hope u r enjoying motherhood

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

cool09... that's so nice of you to remember and ask!! Thanks!! :)

My DD is doing great. She is already 4 months old now... time just flies, ready to start solid food now!!

10. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

oh yeah time really flies..my DD just finished 3 months:thumbsup