1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Serial in Dinamalar's Varamalar - Valarpom thannambikai serial

Discussion in 'Sundays with Varalotti' started by rajmiarun, Mar 4, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

After Wednesday's and Saturday's now it is the time for Sunday's to see Varalotti's "VALARPOM THANNAMBIKAI" a serial in VARAMALAR a supplementary book of Thina Malar.

Hats off Mr. Sridhar. That first writeup itself is very great and thought provoking. Infact I just missed it while browsing as generally I read the book only when I relax in the afternoon. But when I saw the name of the author I was forced to read the article and switch on the computer and write about it.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Varalotti's serial on "Self-improvement" starts !

Dear friends,
    From this week, the sunday magzine of Dinamalar, called Varamalar is publishing articles by V R , under the caption

வளர்ப்போம் தன்னம்பிக்கையை

Please go to the second article in the following link
    Dinamalar - Varamalar

Let everone of us start the process of bringing to the fore " the potential தேவதூதர்" in every one of us !

Love,
    Chithra.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rajmiarun and Chitra

Dear Rajmiarun Chitvish,

Thanks for posting about my serial in Vaaramalar. And thanks again for giving an apt title to the thread, Sundays With Varalotti.

And thanks Chitra for providing the link. I am honoured by your gesture.

I am very happy that you liked the first write-up.

regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

The Story Behind Sunday's with Varalotti

Dear All,

Talking to Dinamalar for this serial has been a very rewarding and enlightening experience.

It all started with Vetriyin Vidhaikal book written by me. The Director in Madurai ordered 100 copies of that book and distributed to their reporters, staff and even their agents.

And then the Editor asked me to write a serial on those lines. I gave 3 articles as samples. I have had many rejections as a writer. Usually a rejection happens when the writing is of a lower quality than expected. But for the first time Dinamalar rejected my samples as they were of higher quality than required. They wanted me to tone down the language, shorten the size and confine myself to motivation.

When I submitted the next set of 3 pieces the Editor called me to say that they were good and that another four pieces have to be prepared exactly on the same lines. Which I did. Provisionally the serial may go for 15 weeks.

I hate to enter into the preaching mode. The technique I am adopting is to take out inspiring incidents from the net, books and my own life and then adding my own lines to them in the end. Of course I take liberty with the translation to increase the effect without distorting the truth much.

As has been with all my writings I want you to comment on these stories. It will be privilege to answer each one of you individually on your comments.

Thanks once again Rajmiarun and Chitra for your kindness.
    regards,
    Varalotti

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Re: Sunday's with Varalotti

Dear Mr. Shridhar,
    As a trainer I always keep collecting motivational articles which from time to time I try to use it in my training sessions. This article is another piece which I could use it.

Though not a writer I am a good KATHAI SOLLI (thats what everyone says) which helps me in my classes. Thanks again for starting such a serial.

6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir
    Your write -up is very inspiring. :2thumbsup: A very practical and down to earth approach to self improvement.Hats off to you.
    Eagerly awaiting the next dinamalar varamalar.

BTW your piece of info on write-up rejection was new to me :) .Rejection for high standards? :tongue

Regards
    sowmya

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Vaaramellam Varalotti yaa? Actually, so far, so good,too!

I loved the Devadootan story. It is a rare gift to be able to bring out the best in any human being. With this, you are showing us the shining path to evoke the divine within us. ( For me though, it will take more time and effort!!!:cry: )

I heard from a little bird that Singapore National Library is interested in you big time???? Can you throw some details??

To explain 'a little bird' : my cousin in Singapore said that she saw your books dispalyed prominently in front in the National Library. Have they acquired your collections?

regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,

Thank you for posting this info. You are always a valuable source of info.

regards
    Vidya

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Rajmi and Chithra,
    thanks to both of you for the info.
    Dear Sridhar,
    It is short and sweet and I am sure it will receive much appreciation. What you said is true, you have to give it mildy for a daily like Dina Malar as many ordinary people like me read it. If the write up is strong, we may not have the inclination to read it.
    I shall request my paper boy to supplu Dinamalar on Sundays hereafter, so that myself and Aravindh could read it first thing in the morning.

10. varalotti

Dear Rajmiarun,
    All of us are kathaisollis. We only use different media. I have been a trainer most of my life. I was once the Pilot Faculty of Rotary Leadership camp at Kodaikkanal.
    Then I found out that for me personally training takes a lot of time. With a heavy heart and a great difficulty I switched over to writing. (Heavy heart because I always love to train). Because now I am able to make my message reach more number of people in far less time.

Thanks once again.
    A small doubt. Is Rajmiarun your given name? I collect strange names. Thats why I asked.
    sridhar