September 2011 Moms to be

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by stork82, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Pinky8007

Pinky8007 New IL'ite

Hey Girls..how you all doing?
    I feel it has been an eternity since I visited the club & I won’t lie…I did skip some posts as it was too much to read….lol!!!
    From what I could pick up…everyone is doing great & I am very happy for all of you.
    Stork – Congratulations for baby boyJ & your work on the charts was great, it gave me a quick synopsis…he he
    I have been quite busy…learning & implementing things in my new role…hence don’t get time to browse, by evening I am too tired to go home & loginL
    Weekends…go by fast…with my baby shower prep up’s. Hence, my absence in the forumL
    My GTT results were normal & the doc said she will see me in 3 weeks which is on July 11th, after that it will be a 2 weeks appointment..Felt a bit different when I heard that…I was like the 2wks appointment is already on…wow!!!
    Other than that…being kicked by baby extensively but happy to feel the presence, energy level is going down day by day. Monday is a US Holiday…looking forward to that.

Take care girls…enjoy your pregnancy & have a blastJ

2. samadhav

samadhav Senior IL'ite

Hi All of you..

I just completed reading all posts..! I have to reply everyone in a diff post..!

some must be wondering where this girl has gone with her twins :bonk

Am here..just something out of mood that I have not visited here since 2 days.
    Last 3 days being quite TOUGH for me..!!:hide: couple of things..
    1) Abdominal pain...since monday evening...cant say a specific place like upper or lower..it s like overall stretching. I think it s due to stretching..my babies trying to grow!?:bowdown no mood to do anything!!! not to eat or sit or browse..felt very uncomfortable..! my belly button is almost protruded outside..it s popping out like a real button!! i have slight pain near & around the belly button.
    not recovered fully, but little ok now. I think this s bcos, uterus stretching..and nothing serious. But, I will report, if there s more pain or anything.

2) ITCHINGGGGG!!!:drowning
    - since 2 days, I am scratching myself like a monkey! got few bloody scratches around legs..especially in nights! it s itching all over..i apply moisturizer once which s obviously not enough !! I ve gone mad in nights.
    I called doc s office today morning to ask about itching ( also thought if they could ask me to take that salt level tests which chotu has taken), but she asked to use benedryl over the counter for itching. I am yet to buy it.
    I dont know, if this ll stop itching..but if not i ve call again. I wonder why they wont recommend the test to check that bile salt thing??:spin

CHOTUMEETU - need your help here..did you try benedryl lotion..? I see caladryl, calamine are all good from net.

3) HEAT - body heatness has increased..! I can tell that from the urination..it s not clear, little yellowish! I know..not good at all. with all the 2 things above..I am missing to take proper food & water. even my eyes have burning sensation in morning due to heat & lac of sleep.:rantAlso, I tend to get very dry soon with skin, may be itching s associated here.

4) Also, I notice this vaginal white discharge has increased than before. not like flowing..but i am seeing little more than before. anybody notice the same??
    as doc mentioned once, unless there is change in color or more watery, I am thinking am ok, with white discharge.

and oops, this stuffy nose with bloody mucus is never ending. I am tired of seeing bloody cold from nose..as nose is not literally bleeding out, I am not minding it :rant

Only one good thing since 3 days is, I found a little remedy for my swollen gums which bleeds badly. I started applying salt morning & evening after brushing on the gums (our old indian style), and it looks like, there s some good work it does.I can feel some difference..and will continue the same n see.

I know 3rd trimester is going to be little tough for me compared to others..with twins & growth..but having hard time!!
    I just started looking forward to my next checkup with OB-GYN & perinatalogist.
    I want to know how babies are doing..weight, height, fluid levels etc.. 4 weeks time looks longer for me now!! since I ve not eaten good this past, I am worried about babies weight in this checkup.:hiya

thanks for reading all my ramblings, Sorry, I know I ve written only complaints in this post..but that s my update for 3 days. Due to all above..my relaxed mood s affected, and feeling little stressed & worried. now, every passing day looks giant to me in this 3rd trim.

I am happy all of you are being OK, and I wish the same to continue..! All are in my prayers.

-Sangeetha

Hey Stork - I am sure you ll pass all the tests. Take good care..and update us after the results has come. But, you dint tell us,how did you feel about the first visit to doc or you are yet to see him/her personally??

3. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

hi Sangeetha

Felt bad that you had to suffer a lot in past 3 days....but dont worry.....Even my belly button is protruding out and looking like a real button...lol....try to put oit(mustard/almond/castor oil) in and around belly button. Mustard and castor oil are very thick and feels very greasy so you could apply these before bath...I found that applying oil and then taking bath reaaly helps in itching...I also believe itching increase because of stretching of skin...The lower part of my tummy is so stretched that I can see all blood vessels there....It looks like a caricature made by a kid.....I am so scared that after applying so much cocobutter, I am still going to get stretch marks......Try to drink more water to combat dryness and body heat....You can also try buttermilk and lassi( i love it as its sweet and i put lot of stuff here to amke it a delicacy)...I will pray for you dear...

hey Amar

I noticed it only recently....In my case i was never overweight....So not sure why I am experiencing it...Will definately ask my doc next week during next check up....

Hi Priyanka

Earlier I experienced it when i was talkiing on phone or climbing stairs but that day I was having dinner....so was a bit worried...Now I am OK...Just a bit tired...

Hi all

I hope all of you are doing gr8....I am in office trying to finish my work by today itself ao that I could rest tomorrow...This week is going very slowly indeed....Maybe taking a toll on me....Yesterday evening, I was sitting at my desk, typing amil that I felt dizziness....Suddenly everything went blank for 1 sec and then everythink was ok. But i was feeling terrified....I was getting this dizzy feeling at regular intervals....This never happened in my life - before or after pregnancy......I went home and sat on couch for a long time...Then only I was feeling OK..Sorry to bother all of you but I was scared so much...All these experiences are totally new to me...

4. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Stork,

Dont worry your will pass your blood and urine tests.
    My doc also gave me a complete blood count test and a 50gm glucose test where they will take one sample at fasting and then they will give me 50gm sugar syrup and then again take another sample(dont know after how many minutes:hide:). Will do it next saturday. In the meanwhile i am hogging on sweets everywhere.........hope i clear it!

Amar,

Nice info about C-Sec. Good that we can take shower after the operation! Am sure then after normal delivery we will surely be able to take a shower right?

Pinky,

Good to know that u cleared your GTT!:thumbsup

Sangeetha,

Too much things happening with u hmm.....:spin I also feel heaty now a days....its like i am sweating like a dog all the time even in AC! :rant My Mom asked me to have Misri soaked water with a dash of lemon empty stomach in the morning.
    And Texas is a bad state..........hot like hell. I used to get all rashes and acidities due to body heat all the time:rant Plus u r preg so mayb the symptoms are more with u. Drink lots of water....juts drink like medicine.

Get well soon dear....am praying for u!

Radhica,

Lets not talk about tiredness......i am tired all day and somehow my energy levels are decreasing day by day!:hide: But i have lost my sleep also in the past week........i goto bed max by 11.30 but i only get to sleep around 1am:rant I wonder when i am so tired why cant i sleep!:idontgetit:

And dizziness....maybe its becos of the tiredness and all. I also sometimes find it very hard to concentrate at work. Dont stress yourself for this. U can casually ask your doc about it in the next visit. But trust me its common.

Priyanka

5. Nithyab

Nithyab Silver IL'ite

Sangeetha - Many of ur symptom go with mine. Burning Sensation on eyes and urine with little Yellowish color. notisible White vaginal discharge and also abt the belly button.
    Dont worry Dear every thing will be Ok and we will pray god to give us strengh to withstand all these. All will be fine when we see our LO.

Amar - Shower on the next day of c-sec its really new for me and 200% treatment- I Hope we get atleast 75% treatment of wat we expect

Radhica - Dizziness is common during pregnancy and that too in 3rd trimster. it could also be due to BP variation so better check ur BP. dont think i am scaring u but its better to be on the safer side. have all healthy foods.

6. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Nitya

Even I thought abt BP...I pray it should be OK.....Only once it went up and I went crazy :spin. I am not feeling to eat more...dont know why...my appetite has been low ..I wonder why this is happening now when we are supposed to eat and drink more to provide good nutrients to LO ....:hide:

Priyanka

I really got scared as I was dreading what if I faint on road....:drowningThank God I reached home safely without any incident.....Even I find it difficult to sleep early at night....I guess too much tired is also not good for getting sleep....Will definately ask doc abt all these....

Stork - Even after drinking so much water, the color of urine is yellow....:rantIt means i have to drink more water but how???? I think my stomach has shrunk to accomodate my uterus as I am not able to eat/drink more.....

7. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Heyy relax Radhica.......nothing of that sort will happen. As nithya said....check your BP with your doc in your next visit.
    As the uterus increases it puts a pressure on our stomach....which makes u feel full after a small meal also. Try taking small meals at an interval of 2-3hours. That might help.
    Also growing uterus puts a pressure on our Diaphram....so when i feel breathless and try taking a looong breath i feel i cant take one as i feel there is no space for the air inside :drowning: Thats just a feeling....and i know thats becos of the increased pressure on my diaphram u knw!
    All joys of pregnancy dear.

But yes if your BP is a issue then your doc should monitor it....meanwhile try having less salt in food and also avoid having table salt with salads and all. It will keep your BP down.

Priyanka

8. kmrkannu

kmrkannu New IL'ite

Hi friends...

I have given my blood for GTT yesterday and waiting for the results. I have this leg cramps problem... Every single night, one leg cramps while sleeping then I switch sides and the pain switches to the next leg. It is very tiresome because I rarely get a full nights rest. I have tried the walking during the day but this pain is not fun. Do I have to consult the doctor for this immediately or everyone has this problem?

- kmrkannu...

9. samadhav

samadhav Senior IL'ite

Hi Angel

So, you are going to be relieved from work for a while..thatz cool!! Enjoy..
    I was laughing, when i read your "rice pack" comment..ha..ha! I pray your boy also comes out with a healthy pack i.e good weight..and then you can make him 6 packs :p
    About baby weight, as per India 2.5 to 3.5 s the chart. 3 & above s considered very good. Full prep mood for baby & you, huh :) good, good..better to keep them listed/

Take care, and update us on GTT results!

Hi Priyanka

You Entering 1st day of 30th week today :) Good Luck, girl..I am waiting to hit that magic number 30 weeks & on.. so tired of counting in 20 s..you know. Since 24 weeks, time s literally dragging. Hope 30s goes faster for everyone :)
    So,you had a 4 hrs relaxed lunch with DH..! that s romantic babe..!you must thank you FIL for this.. :) i ve never been to mumbai except the airport to catch the connecting flight. I wish i ll visit, when we shift back to india, and visit Mariot :) I doubt it could be a romantic one, cos our hands will be full with feeding my little girls too :D

Hey, so your DH felt kicks atlast :) happy for you both..I know it s a pure bliss to watch them happy when feeling LO kicks. My DH feels them almost daily these days..one of my baby s kicking & tickling me more since 2 days. what s the message?!! i do not understand..but i hope she s enjoying in there..my other silent baby kicks a little.. and the naughty one takes the whole part!!

Take care..!

Hey Ramya

So,you back in here after sometime..! Good luck as you started 30 weeks and on.. take good rest for your back! as your 2 weeks appointmemts started, you ll be relived to chk yourself often.Happy to hear, yu started your purchase for your LO, and mom s bag s also on the way :)

shower at hospital - no idea on it, as am also a first timer. But, apart from your paced bag, I am sure someone will always be going back n forth home & hosp. until you get discharged. you can always pick up the needed things the next day, after you check with the nurse.
    Cloth diapers - my mom stitched few with the local tailor on the dhoti cloth.heard it s available ready made in few places too..

Hi Lotusgirl

70 days more..I know how you feel. I count days daily..and each day lessening s like bliss :) so, you are enjoying your chocos still, and making your LO to be sweet prone from now itself :)

babies normal is 4-4.5?? GOSH..how do they carry twins in that case :)

Hi Karanu

My babies are doing good :) Happy you are drinking more water..I am still trying trying..I get more kicks on bladder, so I hit rest room for every 5 mins these days, and sometimes, my bladder has only few drops!! Just the feeling to go..has increased!!
    I am sure, your water intake (what happ to prune juice?) & antibiotics will drive away the infection..keep changing the panties often,and wipe the area dry.
    DH trying to tickle you is funny :p my DH pats sometimes, as if he s patting the baby..and asks to nod the head, if she understands what daddy said now. it s funny & happy to watch all these :)
    Take care..!

Hi Radhica

All the best for your GTT tests..you ll sure clear it. Try to avoid eating sugar,may be, you can have chocos if you find yourself very much craving at the time.I am not sure, eating sweets is related to GTT directly..but it s related to weight gain. if you are in your right path of weight gain, better to keep up levels on sweets in 3rd trim.
    Let LO roll for now :), going forward, LO ll find less space..so enjoy as much now!
    tummy hardness is common, if you find it something odd, you can check with your doc. but for me, it s always hard..my doc said..it s common. About breathlessness, tell that to me !!! I had it since long, I feel more of that now, sometimes, when I am talking I cannot talk continuously like before. I have to take break to breathe..! this s a uncomfy feeling, and I feel them very often! dont worry , it s common to all.take care, and eat well.

Hi Pinky

Back after long time..!Enjoy your baby shower!! and good to know work is keeping your mind busy..but tae enough rest too!
    so GTT is clear, and you are into 2 weeks appointment. it s cool to meet & chec with doc often..you ll feel some confidence that everything s going fine.
    Happy Long weekend..Tk care.

Hi Nithyab

you too having same symptoms, han? it s horrible, is nt it? Hmm..this week is like a GIANT for me..never leaving!!
    I am also worried about this contractions, I ve been getting now n then.Tummy gets tight like rock, and and then it released slowly.Unless, it s too freq it should be ok..they are false.But, sometimes, I feel they are more..sometimes..it looks normal. I am going mad about this. hmm..you take care n keep well.

Few were happy about 4 weeks to 2 weeks appointmnt here..I ll be happy to visit doc weekly once.I get doubts & scares each minute with diff reactions. the scare s, what if I am facing something serious like..i have to report, and I am not. what if it s too late..so much s confusing me. GOD help us, to pass this 3rd trim!!!

Hi Amar

Can you help me to have an idea on this contraction stuff, which I was mentioning to Nithyab?

Hi Chotumeetu

how r u..? you are the one little ahead of us, almost 2 weeks. so you tell me, if you are facing these tight n release thing in tummy??.
    Also, it itches for me in palms!! i am scratching my palms like anything..thank god, it does not bleed there. i ve asked my dh to buy benedryl today..ll see how that helps.

-Sangeetha

10. samadhav

samadhav Senior IL'ite

Hi Kmrkannu

All the best for your gtt results. I hope you ll clear it.
    About leg cramps - i am also getting when sleeping on sides.I totally go numb in legs,hands and near bum also..
    Cant keep one side for long..and ofcourse, other side gives same problem. I think it s a common problem, but you can always clear it with your doc by phone or next visit!! Tk care.
    -Sangeetha