1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Sending food to babysitter

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by newmom27, May 25, 2010.

1. newmom27

newmom27 New IL'ite

Hello moms:

I have a 20 month old baby girl and we are sending her to the babysitter. Can you suggest what kind of food should I send so the babysitter can feed her. I want to increase her solid intake. Presently my little ones needs her food mashed up still. However she can eat curd rice without mashing.

Thanks
    Newmom

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Please give us more details on Kid's food habbits,babysitter(Indian or other), kid's babysitting timing?

3. newmom27

newmom27 New IL'ite

My baby is a vegetarian, she needs to have her food mashed up. She loves curds and she goes to an indian baby sitter. She goes from 9-6pm -Mon-Fri.

At home she usually eats idli (but that has to be either mixed with curds or light sambhar), upma with curds, rice & dal with veggie mashed up.

Thanks

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Newmom27,

Thanks for the details. Even i got 21months old daughter, so hope my post should be helpful to you in someway.

You can include for breakfast idly, baby cereal(Gerber).I don't know if babysitter warms the milk,because few take a job, just feeding&taking care, few do warming.

I sometimes give my daughter not on regular base but when she needs variation cereal+warmmilk,once it get nice soft,mash with spoon &feed her.

Pongal can be given,which has carbo(rice)& moongdhal(protein),ghee(fat).Again it might be given for breakfast or as lunch as it is little heavy.

For Lunch you give kid one pot rice like cook rice,toordhal&2-3 veg(potato,peas,carrot,beans) with veryittle tumeric,sambar powder(if required),salt.Leave 3-4whistle, so no need to mashed it manually, finally add 1 sppon of ghee. This is very easy aswell as well nutritious rice with (carbo,protein,fat,fiber,vit).

Give her Spinach rice,curd rice, upma with curd(as she have this already),plain dhal with boiled&mashedveggies.If she likes chappathi,give her that with dhal subji/veg.subji.

Regarding snacks, does she chew if yes then better get any crackers, corn puffs, babycarrots,fruits.

You can opt for commercial products like Gerber in between which is handy for foods& you can consider pudding available at Walmart.

When i have patience i give my kid homemade one, inbetween giveher commercial ones.

I prepare strawberry or banana yoghurt at home, sometimes shakes(don't add any sugar,as fruits and milk/youghurt has natural sweetness).

Right now i get only these things in my mind, if i get any idea, let me add it later.

Check this thread, you will be amazed by alot of informations given by our dear friends already.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/parenting-and-kids/

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  5. newmom27

newmom27 New IL'ite

Thank you very much Usha.