1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Self Made Misery

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Self Made Misery

The hundred odd people who died due to the fireworks mishap, is a tragic one. Permission was withheld, but still they went ahead. It was a contest between two parties, as to whose fireworks are the best. And the results are there to see. One old lady complained before the firworkds started, that they are dangerous, but no one noticed. And we have a 100 dead bodies. Innocents died, like they say, kare koi, bhare koi !

Autopsy suggests Lady of the Harley Veenu Paliwal died of liver injury - Times of India

While tributes are pouring in for Veenu Paliwal -India's ace woman biker killed in a road accident in Vidisha district - 100 km from Bhopal, on Monday evening, a panel of four doctors who conducted autopsy concluded that she died due to a blunt abdominal trauma rupturing liver.

Fellow biker Dipesh Tanwar had alleged that Paliwal's death was due to administration of a wrong injection at a government facility in Gyaraspur. She was 44 and is survived by her two children.

As per papers, she used to love going at speeds of 180 kms , which irked her husband, he did not like her activities, and they divorced a year back.She is a Jaipur lady, and was on a Kashmir to kanyakumari trip with a male friend of hers.

Well both avoidable tragedies. Some people like Veenu liked to flirt with danger. Indian roads are not meant for these Harleys. She should have known Azzarudins sons case, who died while speeding. And these highways are deadly anyway.

She took the risk and paid the price. RIP.

Foreign Office recruits cat Palmerston as 'chief mouser'

The Foreign Office is getting its own cat to help keep the rats, mice and other pests in Whitehall at bay.

Recruited from Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, the moggy, named Palmerston,will join the government department with the title of "chief mouser".

Well the rats and the mice that the cat catches will be her food, and there will be no vat and other taxes on her food !!!! And her grooming will be taken care of from the staff’s purses. But what about the guys who hate cats, even they will have to contribute eh !

Laloo Prasad Yadav in his childhood ays, loved to eat rats and mice. They would close the room, and hunt the mice , and right away put it on fire and eat it as a delicacy. I saw him repeat that on TV show. HAHA

IPL 2016: Leaving Harsha Bhogle out demeans a self-made Indian who makes us proud - Firstpost

Had he picked up a tricolor and deliriously run around the stadium chanting "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" after the India-Bangladesh T-20 match, it is quite likely that Harsha Bhogle would have been in theIPLcommentary box today.

Instead, he chose to dispassionately analyse the game. Whendeshpremiswanted to hear jingoistic hyperbole about the triumph of their team, Bhogle made the mistake of talking also about the Bangladeshi cricketers who lost a game they could have won. Apparently, in these intolerant times, being a cricketbhaktisn't enough.

Harsha bhogle has been told to go home, and he wont be commenting in the IPL 9, that has started. All because Amitabh tweeted, without naming him, that commentators would be better off talking more about Indian cricketers, than the foreign ones.

So bcs of that tweet, supported my dhoni and Raina, Harsha Bhogle is sitting at home. How would Amitabh like it if, Bhogle tells him how to act ?

Amitabh is rich, and his many generations can eat from what he has earned. But to hit the livelihood of Harsha Bhogle is mean. AB should say sorry, and compensate Bhogle for his loss.

We should have beaten Banglesh hollow, and not have waited for the last ball. That was what HB was saying, that a won game was lost by Bangladesh. So what was wrong in what he said ? Same was the case with the NZ match, which we lost, but should have won.

Amitabh u are a juvenile , grow up buddy , grow up. Don’t interfere in matters of which u know nothing of.

That’s all folks. More , this Sunday.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Santa:Batao "I love you" da avishkar kis desh vich hua?

Banta: China vich Yaar.!!!

Santa:Woh Kaise?

Banta: Iss vich saari Chinese qualities hain.
    Na koi guarantee,
    Na koi warranty,
    Chale to chand tak
    Na chale to shaam tak!!!!

A kid asked a priest:

"Father, besides praying do you have any other pass-time?"

The priest tapped the kids cheek & calmly replied:

"Nun my child, Nun".

2. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

Good idea Kamalji. At least the cat would do a productive job by feeding herself on the job while getting the job done. So it's a win-win situation. Would be a good idea to replace our govt officials with such like!

Rest Kamalji is depressing.

Jokes were good.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Life in India is cheap.Even God seems to have given up on people.
    Veenu Paliwal..such a sad end but that is the way life goes. Some risks are riskier than others.All one can say is, she died doing what she loved.
    RIP all.

We all needed a break from Harsha Bhogle . He was a much better commentator when he had less hair.He deserved a break to get some freshness back into his lost art.Sad if he was removed because some players don't like him or even worse if Amitabh B was the reason.

Amitabh B has been acting like a juvenile on twitter when it comes to cricket.His over reaction to Harsha or even his extremely silly reaction reaction to an English cricketer comparing Virat with Joe Root was down right stupid .The man needs to act his age and status as a respected star.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If at all something is to be blamed, why not blame the infrastructure - emergency services in India.

Flirting with danger? Well, the act of living itself can be said to be flirting with danger.

Should bikers in India wait for freeways to be ready for Harley's? Should runners in Africa wait for good shoes from sponsors and state-of-the-art track to practice on?

twinklingstar and Gauri03 like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

There is no question Veenu Paliwal's death is tragic but she died pursuing her passion to drive bike like Mohammad Azharuddin's son. I have to agree with Rihana here that it is the infrastructure of the country that need to be blamed. In India, we have a tendency to accept things as they are and any improvement as a surprise. Even cities like Bangalore, the development planning is really poor, to say the least.

Absolutely, there is nothing wrong in what Harsha Bhagle said in the commentary and I heard it myself. It is a nail-biting finish and I appreciate how the Indian team worked towards victory. But with a little more sensible cricket, Bangladesh would have won that match easily. I am not sure whether Amitab's twit alone contributed to BCCI's decision as they are capable of making their own foolish decisions. He is a versatile commentator and we would really miss him in IPL 9 as much as we miss CSK and RR.

Thank God, your Whatsapp joke was on a minority religion. Otherwise, you would have saffron crowd at your home in Jaipur asking for your apology and Arnab blasting you for your irresponsible behavior of disrespecting the nation's sentiment.

Viswa

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Yes we can have this idea in india itslef, each house employs a cat. in my house cat will be happy, for i will give it fish to eat.HAHA
    Yes depressing, that was the news that caught my eye, what to do.

Regards

kamal

satchitananda likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear YM,

Yes she died maybe as she wanted. Today is her thrid day condolences, and there are a few of them in the papers, but her husband's name is missing. He is divorced, but still .

Well i personally liked HB over gavaskar, sidhu, manrekar and others. But then each has their own taste.
    Did he compare virat with root? i did not hear, but if he did so, that was crazy, virat is way ahead, maybe the best batsman int he world today.
    Regards
    kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rihana,
    Well life poses it dangers no doubt, but this was extra danger. Driving at those crazy speeds, she could have killed others, knowing our roads not good for these kind of bikes, or speeds.Well she died the way she would have wanted to die, riding a Harley, who knows. Well i fu want to ride a harley , go abroad, for india does not have those roads for it . And she could have killed others with that speed she was driving at.

Regasrds

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Viswa,

Well if se wanted to die this way, so be it.Today came her condolences in papers, but her husband's name was missing.
    These are avaoidable sports, where u risk yr life and the lives of others at that speed, in a country that does not ahve the required infr.
    I feel sory for the Benz and audi guys driving their cars in the city, with camels and elephants around u, as autos and cycle ricks too. So if u have scratches, and bumps, i dont feel sorry, these owners hould know the risk, and not blame the roads and the state govt.

Amitabh has no reason or business t to poke his nose in the commentators affairs.He is trying to show, that this was war, not a aport , between india and bangladesh. Let him mind his own business, and let him stick to what he knows best, that is acting, and leave the commenting to the guys of the likes of Bhogle.

Regards

kamal

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

A ministry can be created for Laloo called Ministry of Rodent Elimination. Maybe laloo will catch rats and hold rat parties with rodent delicacies. That would be quite logtical because if you can eat rabbits, a close cousin of rats and mice why not eat other rodents as well. Temple festivals have been the stage for mass tragedies. Either stampedes or firework accidents. It is high time we started discouraging large gatherings particularly in the name of religion.