Seemantham celebration

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by radhikasreeram, Oct 17, 2007.

1. radhikasreeram

radhikasreeram New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am in Purdue university, west lafayette, Indiana. I am in my 5th month and planning for a seemantham function in my 8th month (ie between dec15th to Jan15th). Do any one of you know any vathiyar available in chicago or indianapolis who can either come home or do the seemantham function in the temple. Do anyone of you know the charges they charge?

regards
    radhika

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Radhika - welcome to IL - congratulations on your pregnancy. I am not in your area - but I would suggest that you contact the Chicago temples directly and see if you can get information from the temple itself. Are there any temples in Indy? I am not sure - check online. Hope you are able to celebrate your seemandham in grand style!

3. rshilpa

rshilpa New IL'ite

hi Radhika,

congratulations on ur pregnancy, i lived in Indianapolis for 1yr. they have a temple n here is the link for it HINDU TEMPLE OF CENTRAL INDIANA HTCI INDIANAPOLIS TEMPLE. i have seen the poojari come n do satyanarayana swamy vrathams but not sure of seemantham. call them n enquire.

regards
    shilpa

4. radhikasreeram

thanks shobana. I actually talked to the chicago temple. I am looking for vathiyar (not associated with atemple) if anyone knows so that I can pay them the money directly which will be useful for them than paying the temple a flat charge. Besides I looking for vathiyar who can come home and do the function. Do you know anyone like that?

5. radhikasreeram

thanks shilpa. Do you know any priest who are not in the temple but do this function. like a private priest.

regards
    radhika

6. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Can u pls explain what is the role of vathiyar and how does he differ from priest?

7. radhikasreeram

hi,

both are the same. it is just that i am inquisitive to know if there is any private vathiyar available other than the temple vathiyar (priest)

thanks
    radhika