seeking information

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by kamlikarsha, Sep 17, 2008.

1. kamlikarsha

kamlikarsha Senior IL'ite

hello to ladies of Qatar,
    Iam new to this site .my husband is an electrical engineer and has been offered a job at Qatar.though he is eager to join,iam reluctant about the same.can somebody please throw some light on the life out there? is it safe and worth coming? is the cost of living reasonable? how are women treated and what about the freedom of individuals and indians in particular?can we demand for family accomadation?
    how about the education? is the medium of instruction in english or urdu?
    what about women who are wiling to work?
    hope i will get a quick response.
    thank u,kavitha.

2. nikkypk

nikkypk New IL'ite

3. kamlikarsha

hello nikky,
    thank you for that quick response.that link was very useful.take care.
    kavitha

4. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

hi kavitha,
    Yes qatar is safe place . Regarding education there are Indian schools having CBSE syllabus .Women can work here.

5. kamlikarsha

thank u latha mohan.if u could tell me something about the cost of living and other domestic issues like food ,domestic help etc.,

6. sujaram

sujaram Senior IL'ite

hi,
    I need to know more about Qatar, how is climate? Is it very hot in summer and very cold in winter? How are the transport and traffic? Here in singapore in peek time there is traffic. tell me more about your country.

bye

7. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi suja,
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes here the climate is too hot in summer and cool in winter. Reg transport - we have got public transport - bus and taxi. Compared to singapore, qatar traffic is very very less as it is very small country. Qatar is a safe place.

8. vishwanath

vishwanath New IL'ite

Dear kavitha,
    My name is vishwanath I am recently re-located from Hyderabad.
    This is a nice place to earn good income.. if your husband got a offer here, he can demand family accodimation..But. wht is d offer?? atleast he needs to earn minium 6to8000 Q.R to live comfortabully..Reg the education, you can find lot of indian schools here like delhi public school etc..but ask your husband to sponsor you, as if his sponsor sponsors you then you can not work any where..This is for your information.

Regards,
    Vishwanath,
    doha, qatar.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
  9. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Hi Kavitha,

Doha s really a nice place. The climate s too hot in summer ex: apr or may to sep & winter from oct to jan end or feb which s also equally cold. We have lot of Indian schools with diff fee structures which s all CBSE ciricullam. I work here for almost 2 yrs now. Its a good place to work & hope u will be sponsored by ur hubby which s the safe thing to do. Please browse thro the previous posts to know more abt Doha malls, shopping etc., The cost of living s moderate and since now the house rents have drastically come down a desent income of 8 to 10k will be enough to run a smooth family. Transport..we do have public transport the smart option is to have ur own transportation as its bit expensive to opt for a taxi all the time. Intially its ok till u or ur DH gets a driving licence. Browse thro to know more. We still have exp IL u can guide u more.