Seeking for advice

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by Thilagavathi, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Thilagavathi

Thilagavathi New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am in real dilemma.
    :oops:

I came to UK 6 months ago. I work as a bridge engineer here. I am married and no children.

My husband followed me to UK. Infect it was my idea to drag him along. We sort of lived a very comfortable life back in our home country. We had a good career + house +car+etc…God know why we came to UK… grass is never been greener on the other side.

I came to Uk first and my husband joins me after 3 months. Since the day he came to UK he has been looking and hunting for jobs. He has degree in Mech.Engineering and worked as sales engineer before. He is very talented + hardworking + speaks fluent English but… we are not sure why we cant get a job. He has attended a couple of interviews … all was a big DISAPPOINTMENT. He has valid visa and has all the rights to work here.

Its a frustrating feeling… each time I look at my husband I feel so sad for him. It makes me wonder did I jeopardize his career / life.

Going through all this makes me to think is there actually GOD. If he is would he like seeing us suffering. I don’t know.

I have been reading lots of spiritual books lately to console my mind and body.

I am in a position of not knowing what to do.
    Should I ask him to go back?
    Should I go back?
    What are we going to do when we get back?
    What going to happen to our life?
    Is this going to be forever?

Is anyone over there in the same shoe as me or has gone through this… please share your thoughts.

Regards
    Thilaga
    :oops:

2. sandhya12

sandhya12 New IL'ite

why you are so much worried? u are having a job.For some people it takes

time to settle down.It also depends on the job requirements u get and the

skill set u have. U sholud not loose hope and u sholud continue ur effort to

get a good job.all things will set right after some time.

Best of luck

Sandhya

3. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi Tilaga,

Dont worry, we all have been in the same situation. We have our own reasons for coming abroad. And since its a new place and new culture it takes time to get adjusted to eevrything even finding a new job. It will definitely take time to get first break here, but once you are into something you will be alright.

It took 2 yrs for us to settle down completely, I am not saying it will be for u too. but just wanted to say be strong and positive. And if you are really getting worried think about your priorities, the reason why u came to UK in the first place. So just be patient everything will fall into place one day. Atleast u are better placed than most people by having a job. Imagine what if you both didn't have a job.. My wishes are with u..Take care.