1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Secrets Of Good Health Aged Persons

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by padmaiyangar, Jul 20, 2007.

1. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

SECRETS OF GOOD HEALTH

Food habits vary from community to community and on financial conditions and age. As one grows old beyond 60 years of age, one’s digestive ability decreases and

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]has to follow certain practices to remain healthy.[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Get up before Sun-rise, Ease yourself and take morning bath only after that one should go for morning walk.[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Take your meals twice a day at fixed times. Take light break-fast. There should be a gap of atleast 3 hours between Breakfast & Lunch. Mind that you don’t take anything in between meals as far as possible.[/FONT]
    3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With Lunch & Dinner, take some seasonal fruit. Eat a small piece of joggery if you are not suffering from Diabeties.[/FONT]
    4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After you have taken your Lunch & Dinner, Lie down on your bed on your back and Relax. Take deep breath & times. Then lie down on your right side and take deep breath for 16 times. Then turn on your left side and take deep breath 32 times. Do not use pillow.[/FONT]
    5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reduce the quantity of Sugar, Salt, Oil & Ghee to the minimum Always eat less than you need. Avoid fried foods & pickles.[/FONT]
    6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eat less of Wheet flour and Rice but more Vegetables, Salad, Butter-milk, Seasonal fruits & fibre foods. This will keep you healthy and also keep your weight under control. You will not get extra un-needed fat.[/FONT]
    7. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Make a habit to drink saltish buttermilk during the day before Sunset and warm milk before going to bed.[/FONT]
    8. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drink as much water as possible during the day. On no account it should be less than 8 glasses. Quantity in each glass should be about 200 m. m.[/FONT]
    9. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. If you don’t believe in prayers, atleast laugh before eating. It will eliminate tension, and allow the food to be digested in time. Also make it a habit to eat slowly. On no account it should be less than 10 Mts. For Breakfast 20 Mts. For Lunch & Dinner. Drink your eats and eat your drinks.[/FONT]

2. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Madam,
    I am a senior citizen in the age group of above 60yrs . so your post is apt to me to follow.plz clarify the following doubts..........
    1) what is better to take as a breakfast? I am a strict vegetarian.
    2) Daily same menu or beter to cnge daily?
    3) U suggested not to use wheat flour. At present I am taking 3 small
    chapatees with vegetable curry .if it is not advisable plz suggest any
    suitable alternative.
    Sd/nischel

3. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

Sir,
    I collected the information from medical journel from web site. I do not know much about this. I expect our IL member who are doctors can through much light about this. How ever I try to get somemore information through website.