1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Searching apts in N. San Jose/Santa Clara - need help

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by shivaupadh, May 22, 2012.

1. shivaupadh

shivaupadh New IL'ite

Hi
    I am searching for some nice 2BR apts in the North San Jose, Santa Clara area. We will be moving there next month and my husband's office is close to San Jose airport. Please provide names of some nice/safe apartment communities nearby(lick mill/rivermark area or river oaks area) with the rent below $2400/pm.

I found Elan at River Oaks, Woodland Meadow online, any feedback on these apt community would be great.
    North Park also has many 2BR apts, but those within our price range are smaller in area. we need sth around 1050 sqft.
    Thanks
    Shivangi

2. Kiya

Kiya Senior IL'ite

Woodland meadow is a very beautiful community. The apartments are very spacious and good storage, washer dryer. Maintenance is very good. When i was looking for apmts this was the best choice...both by price and space.

The location is in a asian area ..ranch 99 and lots of asian supermarkets and restaurants..indian stores and resturants are little far off by bay area standards..nearest indian store is 2-3 miles. But ranch carries good choice of indian produce. Costco is just .3 miles! You can walk a block to panera bread, baja fresh, panda, star bucks, chipotle, fedex etc..post office very close as well.

3. Kiya

Kiya Senior IL'ite

I replied yesterday and my post got lost..the site said it needs to be approved by moderator..not yet published here..wonder what happened..

Anyways woodland meadows is nice community, the apmts are spacious, good maintenance, good sized kitchen, washer dryer inside, and affordable rent compared to other similar choices in santa clara, san jose and sunnyvale. Indian stores and businesses are a little far by bay area standards ..3 miles to the nearest indian grocery..but there are plenty of other choices ranch 99 , Costco, Panera bread, panda, baja are just a block away. Very nice, quite and safe neighborhood.

Hope this post gets published...

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  4. shivaupadh

shivaupadh New IL'ite

thanks for replying kiya. unfortunately i checked with woodland meadows, they dont have any 2BR apts avlbl for next month. So we finally booked Legacy at Fountain Plaza in central san jose...lets see how it turns out.

5. vidyavijay

vidyavijay New IL'ite

Dear Ladies, this is Vidya from Seattle,my husband is about to accept an offer from PwC..and now hunting for apartments near his office(488 Almaden Blvd, San Jose).

I have found three 3 apartment communities nearby to be decent (Hidden Willow, 1776 Apts and The Woods)..

Anyone live nearby and have any recommendations please? We have a 12 month old. We're okay to live in other areas as well..may be within 12-15 mile radius.

Thx- Vidya,vidyakissanth at gma il dot com :)

6. itzamisha

itzamisha New IL'ite

Hi Shivangi,

Do you like the Legacy Apartments?