Search before you ask!

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by Induslady, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Members,

You might be wanting to find the following from the co-members in this community:
    1) answers to some queries that you have - how to do, when to do, where to get, which is good, etc. types.
    2) suggestions / tips about something
    3) solution / advice on something
    etc.

Most of what you are looking out might be already discussed in one of these forums here.

Kindly search before you ask...before you start a new thread (or) post.

Use our search tools - please note the "Search [​IMG]" menu on top. Please see attached visual for help. Google Search within IndusLadies.com and that gives you best results of the content in the site.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Malathy..I would like to inform that lot of questions are posted again and again inspite of repeatedly asking them to search before posting.Sometimes I give them the link else just ignore.Is there any way to avoid this?The repeated thread also get responses.
    Threads in movies are in Forwarded messages annd vice-versa..Some Forwarded messages are in Snippets of life..For a regular ILite,who reads all threads.. is frustrating some times...and friends may feel bad for not getting any replies..

can we do anything to rectify this..?

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Malathy,

I totally agree with Supriya here.

Many duplicate threads are created and replies continue to be posted in them.

Many fwd messages are posted not only in Snippets, but also in Health, beauty and other forums too ! Sometimes, I stop myself since we don't want to hurt the people who start the thread..but it continues...

I do my best to give the correct links and bring attention to such posts too.

One more thing, people start new threads to introduce themselves since they are not aware of the "Who am I " thread. Probably this thread can have a link in the "Home page" so that there is more visibility.

Thanks
    Krithika

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Supriya & Jithiks,

You are all senior members here and are well versed with the site. While new members when they take time to figure out what's here already, because of the initial enthu and excitement to participate in an interactive community like ours want to get started with posting what they have in their mind.

All we (moderators and admins) can do is keep educating the members with FAQs (like "search before you ask"), by merging the new threads with already existing threads on a similar topic and keeping them informed via an Email/PM, etc.

Regarding forward messages or messages taken from other sources to be put in the forward message forum and not in any other, we have recently posted an announcement too. (I would like to mention here that it is not the new members alone who do this, lots and lots of long time members also do!!). About 'who am I' thread, we give a link to it in the welcome email.

We can only keep educating members in various methods and the rest lies in the hands of the members in trying to adhering to it. If you have better suggestions, we(admins & mods) are all ears here.

5. ggvenu

ggvenu New IL'ite

Can you help me find the aappam recipe?I forgot the name of the person posted it. She also posted pepper dosa and someone else posted aappam with lleftover dosa batter in the same thread. I tried it and it came out so perfect I want to thank her and see the other posts by her. Please help me find this post. Here is all start of the recipe: raw rice 2 cups, urad dal 1TBSP, Sagoo 1TBSP, Cooked rice 2TBSP and yeast 1tsp.

Thanks,
    GG

6. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

7. Lavc

Lavc New IL'ite

Im a new member to this site, i've duplicated 1 question, il tell oyu why?? I serached for a particular topic and also found 1 user who had the same question as me, but Im not able to see the entire discussion which happened about that topic.. that is the replies to that topic were not visible to me.. i dont know how to look at the discussion on topics, pls help me.

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lavc
    There are no discussions taken place in the posts that you have made If not mistaken you are talking about witch hazel right??
    Please go through here Unwanted Hair Removal - IndusLadies you might get your answer.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  9. ULLU

ULLU New IL'ite

period dely 7 days

period dely 7 days,and pregnency test by prega strip is negative,am i pregnant.

10. radhu

radhu Gold IL'ite

why i am not able to view the attachments though i am the member in some threads, for eg in sudha kailas all of her threads i dont find the attachment ,why pl help
    radhu