science versus religion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tnkesaven, Nov 14, 2011.

1. tnkesaven

tnkesaven Gold IL'ite

all scientific inventions and discoveries have aided to promote social welfare of the humanity; had there been no invention from thomas alva edison we would not have elecricity; result no television, computer etc;

religious saints have recused themselve from society and stayed away in penance and spiritual austeries only;

how do you account for that spirituality is far better than scientific theory

vigjaanathaikkattilum meygjaanam siranthathu -eppadi

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,
    I am surprised that a person like you discounts the effects of spirituality. While science is for our body and mind, religion and spirituality is for the soul. Not all saints have isolated themselves from the society...And even the ones who have, are praying for the benefit of humanity.

And we must remember that science still does not have all the answers..

3 people like this.
  3. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Dont know what happened to my posts done yesterday, they are missing. :-(

4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Religion is also a science, otherwise why so many institutions teaching this or that? I vaguely remember one astronaut having returned from a moon trip turning a believer......of religion!

5. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Sometimes I think life would have been simpler without science & religion. What has all the scientific invention has led us, yes there is electricity but the result of electricity - global warming. We invent something then find out the negative effects ages later but by then we're hooked!

Religion has of course given us lots of valuable guidelines about how to live our life but it has also been the source of conflict between different religious sects.

At this point in time I'm not sure...keeping an open mind about both!