Science activities for kids

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Hyderabad' started by amul, Nov 30, 2015.

1. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Hallo All,

I would like to have a suggestion from you all.

My 10 yr old kid is very much interested in science activities and experiments.
    Can someone pls help me where can I find any organsation, institute or activity center in hyderabad who can assist kids for experimental activities.

@Admin : pls move the post to respective one, if i am landed on the wrong place

Thank you in advance.

Regards
    amul

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

2 people like this.
  3. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Hallo butterflyice,

thank you so much for the response and for the idea u hav given.

Regards
    amul

4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

amul likes this.
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don't have any knowledge about local Hyderabad science centers, but if you feel your child will enjoy hands on experimentation then try getting him kits like Snap circuits, or Physics or Chemistry workshops.

If you or your spouse are interested you can get the Geek Dad or Geek Mom series of books, and work one on one with your kid. Those books have some really fun family projects.

Since your child is around 10, he/she is at the right age to start experimenting with programming and robotics if so inclined. One of the best tools to teach graphical programming to kids is the Scratch project from MIT. They help kids develop logical thinking by using LEGO like building blocks to create programs.

If it is within your budget you can look at the LEGO Mindstorms series. They are LEGO toolkits for building programmable robots. They offer a lot of cool addon hardware but can get very expensive very quickly.

Honestly, as far as experimentation goes, your initiative and commitment are the only limits. If you are willing to put in the time, most experimental materials and hardware can be bought from wholesale markets for very cheap. Plans and procedures are all available online these days. Just Google a project and set up a time to work on it. It will be a very enriching experience for both you and your child.

Good luck!

amul and mrunalini01 like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

check arvindgupta toys from trash and science experiments.. i am his fan for almost a decade..the simple way experiments are done..
    ArvindGuptaToys Books Gallery
    check his youtube channel too.. you can also follow whizkidscience, hooplakidzlab

some of the experiments can be easily done at home and can definitely help kids understand the principles..

amul likes this.
  7. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

Wondraful science activities u have shared friends that a lot