1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

schools in st. louis

Discussion in 'Indians in St. Louis' started by Mommynme, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mommynme

Mommynme Guest

Jaya,

Yes, please do let me know of any good schools and apartments in maryland heights, and as you said the travelling time also is coming under 15 minutes, which would be great for me too.

Thank you so much for taking time to help me....i was completely lost as this move has happened so soon.

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hi ManuuRaghuu,

Nice to meet you too....:)

Are you still living here in STL?

I love this place too.

Jaya

3. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Mommynme,

Maryland Heights has a lot of apartments and mind you some of them are having huge indian population infact you will feel that you are in India. I have to warn you though, having too many is also a pain IMO.

Let me write down my thoughts on Apartments in Maryland Heights -

Lot of Indians (can be a negative too :rotfl)
    Parkway school district - one of the best if not THE best
    close to downtown (about 30 minutes)
    close to airport

The only negative is that I found the Apartments are very very old and kitchens tend to be tiny.

About schools, why don't I get the information from my friend who has two children over in a school there. I will get back to you probably tonight or tomorrow with the name of the school and also let you know if it is a good one.

Apartments names - I have plenty to give but really cannot recommend which one is the good one. I have personally stayed in Whisper Hollow and I loved it there. :)

Jaya

4. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

No Jaya,we moved out of STL last summer.:| But ,who knows we might have a chance to live there again as my husband is into consulting.:)

5. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Mommynme,if you are planning to live in MaryLand Heights,may be you should also see Cedar Trace Apts.Those are the only apts i visited once in MaryLand Hts; when one of our friends were living there.I have no idea about maintenance and other things,but the town home apt felt new.They were townhomes and compared to our creve couer the rent was very cheap.

Coming to living nearby Page Ave, i think Oxford Hill Apts can be your best bet.The rents are cheaper here than creve couer,good community of Indians live here,they have a gas connection , bigger apts & more floor plans i think.Just include oxford hills in your list.

6. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

I also feel like MannuRaghu, that you should put Oxford Hills in your list too. I had a friend there too some 5 years back.

It is far better than Cedar Trace trust me.

Jaya

7. Mommynme

Mommynme Guest

Will be please be able to tell me more about Cedar Trace Apartments Jaya? The elementary shcool that falls under these apartments are "Mckelvey Elementary School". The driving distance to my work place will also be less than 7 minutes for me if i choose to stay in these apartments, and the rent also seems reasonable. The only thing i am concerend is they were built in 1971? how's the maintainence on them?

Also can you please let me know if "Mckelvey Elementary" is good.

8. Mommynme

Mommynme Guest

also any ideas about woodhollow apartments?

Is the area safe?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  9. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

I could not stand Woodhollow apartments. It resembled like a hotel corridor once inside the building. The maintenance is horrible to say the least. But i have to say there are so many indians living in that apartment....its mini-india there.

You can check it out when here but I really cannot recommend it.

Jaya

10. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

I would check out these apartments if I were you -

Whisper Hollow
    Pheasant Run
    Pavillion
    Cedar Trace
    The colony of St. Louis

Actually you asked me about Cedar Trace...I have no idea about the maintenance part. Since I lived for 4 years in Whisper Hollow, I know only about that.

The area in and around these apartments are generally safe.

About Schools I have no idea. My friends too have no idea as such but they have graded the school District as like this

Ladue is first
    Rockwood is second
    Parway west and central
    Parkway south/north

Will ask around more and let you know if I come across any other information.

Jaya