Schools in Kochi

Discussion in 'Cochin' started by sssr2k, May 29, 2009.

1. sssr2k

sssr2k New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am a new ILite and was very much impressed by the help and support the ladies here provide :thumbsup. I accidentally bumped into this site when i was looking for schools in India.

Well to introduce myself, i live in US for the past 10 yrs with my Hubby and son and r planning to move to kochi next year. Could anyone help me find good schools in kochi? My son will be 3rd grade next year and would really like to know how the admission process, education etc.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

2. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

hi sssr2k,

the best schools would be the cbse ones,

Bhavans vidya mandir(girinagar,eroor,elamakara)
    kendriya vidyalaya
    toch public school....

check out this link

CBSE Schools Cochin India| CBSE Schools Boys, Girls & Co-education Schools Kerala India

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  3. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

I think Bhavans group would be good choice .My son studied in bhavan's Eroor and here i have seen the teachers give lot of support to the students . They sit with the weak students during study holidays and see that they score well. .This may be true with other bhavan's school also as the results are always good in these schools. They have about 4-5 schools, and depending on where you are going to be located you can make the choice.It is a kind of coaching that is happening in Indian schools. Vidyodaya is also good .

4. sssr2k

sssr2k New IL'ite

Thank you ladies for the info.

I was just worried becoz of the school system in the US and India are so different and whether my son would be able to adapt to the new system. Is it mandatory to learn malayalam as their second language or what other options do they give you.

Thanks in advance :)

5. jyothiabhimanyu

jyothiabhimanyu New IL'ite

hi, we are shifting to ernakulam in April...it was all so sudden, that im worried if I have missed admission process in most schools....even though im a malayalee (coming back to kerala after 15 yrs :) )... my hubby is a north indian...so im also a lil worried if my kids will be able to adjust the culture change....

From my friends who are in cochin at present i came to know that global, rajagiri, gregorian and vidyodaya are best schools now.....

im going to be put up in panampilly nagar...bhavans girinagar is so close by...when i was studying in cochin, it was one of the best schools there...but now my friends tell me that "standard has gone down, teachers and students converse in malayalam... and considering my kids background they'll not adjust at all".....i wanted a second opinion...i was quite keen on bhavans...and now im confused.....

pls somebody...any reviews will be so helpful....

cheers and thanks so much6 in advance
    jo

6. krissathish

krissathish New IL'ite

hi
    am also new to cochin, pl tell me whether school admission for 1st std is closed or still open,
    this is sathish from Chennai
    thanks