Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

R2IClubForums is a good resource for such queries. A lot of the people there have R2I'd to Chennai and have the same queries as you. Chettinad Hari Shree Vidyalayam seems to be their favourite. This diary shall help you get started: My R2I (Chennai) Diary - PoofyGoogle

2. padmapriyak

padmapriyak New IL'ite

Hi,

I am staying in Anna Nagar West, looking for best home tuition for my kids studying in 3rd and 1st std cbse in velammal vidyalaya. Please let me know the best option.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The admissions are over by march. Omr..
    Check TIPS for admissions though it would be tough now.
    Though fees is high american international is a options.
    Vaels billabong is a good one
    Even psbb omr( rent a flat inside and you have to ne given an admission is what i hear)

If midway velachery is a option you can think off..
    Sunshine may accomodate.
    Arsha vidya mandir is a nice one too.
    Brittos accomodates but infra i am not keen on it. But there are many nri returnees there too.
    You have to go back to them again and again now.

4. NRImom

NRImom New IL'ite

Thanks Shanvi,
    I heard from my friend about Hindustan International school in Padur. I came to know it's their new branch with good infrastructure . Any reviews on this school.
    If anyone tried please let me know. Generally Hindustan guindy and karapakkam branches reviews are good!.
    -Thanks

5. kalyani1980

kalyani1980 New IL'ite

Hi NRImom,
    Hi,

Welcome to India. I understood your situation, you are right some schools closed their admission for this academic year. You can consider Veils , Gateway they may admit your kids if they have opening . Or you can approach Hindustan international school in padur. This school is Hindustan group of institutions new branch, they are opening this year. Last week I went with my friend for his kids admission the school infrastructure is really good. Spacious classroom, smartboard, Math lab, Science lab, robotics lab, extracurricular activities, reasonable fees, and experienced staffs. This campus has both the curriculum .Their other branches also has good reviews. So you can contact the school. Good luck!

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hindustan at grade 6 will be a risk. The kid will be shuttling between guindy branch and padur.

The fees is high too.

7. kalyani1980

kalyani1980 New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    I couldn't get you ! what is the meaning of year 6 shuttling between guindy and padur!--- can u please clarify?

8. kalyani1980

kalyani1980 New IL'ite

I per
    I personally went there. I checked their Padur branch fee structure its reasonable only. if their infrastructure is good and they are offering some good unique Co curricular activies and smart board facilities.
    Please clarify!

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I only answered @NRImom and i have a right to my opinion and i have been in this forums for 12 yrs and as a moderator of the tn forum for 5 yrs and can spot a promotion.

I still feel the fees are high in par with tips .
    So let us agree to disagree.

10. kalyani1980

kalyani1980 New IL'ite

Chill Shanvy!
    I too shared my opinion. Me and my friend did lots of homework before we enroll his child there. Actually we have created a excel sheet about all the schools , fee structure, infrastructure and everything. we felt whatever we are paying our kids should benefit. we felt our kids will get benefit in this branch specially. we went to HUS also same fee ok infrastructure excellent, teachers good but their co-curricular is the only drawback and also they are not accepting applications for CBSE this year. So I just shared my opinion here. Thats what this forum meant for sharing their opinion.

Anyways we admitted my friends both kids in 1 and 6 grades there.