Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Many thanks for your response. I did check the maps now and the distance from Jalladampet to injambakkam is 8.6 kms. .How is transport facilities/road travel etc. in these areas?
    But someone has mentioned about its fees being 70000/ p.a.which is high [for higher classes will be higher]
    Besides Vaels Billabong, I want to know about Jeppiar and Gateway Sholinganallur
    What is the fees structure for Gateway? Is it similar to Vael's?
    Also found names of schools like Boaz Sembakkam ,Bharati Vidyalaya,DAV and from your earlier discussions.

These are the nearby schools to Jalladampet within 7/8 kms radius. Is that correct?

Can you pease tell me more about these schools

Thank you once again,

Meera

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

meera ,

Certain question like transport are best answered by people in the area. if you know your area of r2i and are friendly with your neighbours they are the b est source of information.

Regarding the schools almost all the schools you have mentioned are discussed many times do go through them

yes gateway and vaels both have almost similiar fees structure..but some are not hapy with gateway. the feedback for vaels is better.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jyosna,

Morning forgot your post while answering sumathy.

It is really a great feeling when you come back with the postive feed back for a suggestion .

I am happy for your family. now your parents will have relief. Glad to be of some help.

You are welcome.

4. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

hi ,

Thanks you once again,actually I was previously in central chennai and so well aware of that part of chennai and now planning to move to south chennai on r2i and so searching for websites of schools near jalladampet,pallikarnai etc.

i found addresses of Jeppiar, Boaz etc. but no websites,still on the lookout.

Hope to find some soon.

Cheers

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Meera,

Boaz is in sembakkam .I think you could try schools in velachery, adyar. it is going to be the same distance. Even abacus is accessible for you from pallikaranai.

Regarding jeppiar, retrace some posts back i remember a il who has her kids in jeppiar.

6. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanvy and others,

Thanks fr the info you guys have given here.

We are looking for a residential school in chennai for my niece. Can u suggest a good one for her, please?

She is giving her 6th exams (anglo indian syl) now and we thought it will be the time for her to get serious with academics as the standard out here is a kinda willowing from what it was earlier. Keeping in mind her future we decided to send her to a good school where she will have opportunities to explore her skills and do well in future.

Thanks in advance
    Poornima.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi

I think you could check out velammal international residential.they have their own website also.

all the best for your niece.

there is schram academy. The feedback for johns residential was not good..

8. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi shanti,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will ask my sis to do it. BTW do you have any idea of ISHA home school, in coimbatore. And RMK residential school in Chennai?

Can you suggest some boarding schools in Chennai?

Thanks
    Poornima.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Poorni,

RMK is run by a ex- mla. and the whole group is family run. not having heard much otherwise.

Isha have heard good inputs from poeple..but the school follows a different system. it depends on what you are looking for in a school.

Again if you are looking at a all girls residential school with discipline, I would say check out Shri Sarada salem, also coonoor, ooty and kodaikanal have good residential schools..

There is st.johns residential school..palanjur...near chennai...

10. sasisenthil

sasisenthil New IL'ite

Can anyone tell me where Billabong school is located?

-Sasirekha