Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Hi Shanti
    Do you have any personal feedback about vels billabong. And what is your opinion about ISce vs cbse syllabus.
    Ladies, if anyone else has personal experiences or feedback about schools with lot of NRI kids, please giv eme your inputs.
    I am currently in Melbourne and planning to come to Chennai this year end, for celebrating my brother's sons poonal and my parents beemaratha santhi. Hope fully, I should be able to look at a few schools and kick off the admission process for the following year. Do we need to make appointments, or we can just walk in and enquire?? If so can the appointments be made, personally, or can they be done via the internet.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers
    Sumathy

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear SKY,

ICSE is tougher than CBSE. I am from ICSE and my children are in CBSE. I don't really know if ICSE is the same as when I was a kid.

Vaels billabong, just go back in the same thread, I think there are 2 nri mom's who have kids in vaels...if what they mentioned in the posts is to be taken..you can ask them for feedbacks.

The general feedback is good.

What i would suggest is just check out my thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers/18621-school-hunting.html

regarding schools..and then let us discuss...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  3. HemaJay

HemaJay New IL'ite

Dear ILites,

I am looking for UKG admission for my son in Hindu Senior secondary school, adyar.
    Can anyone of you provide the general feedback about the schoo, about of quality of education, teachers and all.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
    Hema

4. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Thanks Shanti, for your input.
    I checked the thread school hunting, its really good. You have done a lot of research and poured all the info, in such a clean and precise manner. I think, I shall use it as a bible when I come to India this year end and start looking for schools.
    Really good work. I still have to go through all teh threadds under chennai schools, to enlighten myself and be prepared for it when we actulally face it.
    I stonely recommend any nri mum reading this to please read the thread that Shanti has mentioned to me. Great one

Cheers
    Sumathy

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sumathy,

when I started, i was looking at schools in and around my area, then I started expanding the spectrum..then put in my blog.then this looked a better place, and it would be useful to lot of people.

It is kind of given me a lot of insight into schools, interacting with teachers and others...

We have almost touched all the schools....there is one more thread, which may look relevant or not relavant..but may be it will be useful...
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schools/14614-how-do-did-you-choose.html

check this also..

all the best..

6. PriyaSi

PriyaSi New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are exploring Harisree Vidyala for my daughter and we came across your comment on Harisree.
    We want a school with less number of students with more indivdual attention as our child is very sensitive.
    We want a school which does not stress much on academics and about the approach of teachers.We also do not want a school
    which provides rote learning , heavy homeworks and punishments.
    Please let us know if Harisree fits to our requirements.Would you recommend the school.

Priya.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Priya,

If you are talking about harishree in R.A. puram, it would definitely suit your requirement. even the school run by Krishnamoorthy in Adayar will suit you...

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

There are two more schools i have not discussed....

Bharathi Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School,(CBSE)
    Medavakkam Sholinganallur High Road,
    Perumbakkam
    Gowrivakkam
    Chennai
    Phone no...22461122

Holy Family Convent Matric Hr.Sec.School
    Medavakkam Main Road Ganesh Nagar
    Old Pallavaram
    phone-22470151

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

10. PriyaSi

PriyaSi New IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any information on Navadish montessori School in Velacheri?

regards
    Priya