1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Schooling?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by perfectly_perfect, Jan 31, 2007.

1. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Hey friends,
    I m in Bellevue. My daughter is almost 2 yrs. She will complete 2 on 6th feb.
    I dont know anything abt schooling here. Pls help me telling few things
    1. When should we send our kid to school means what is schooling age here?
    2. What is the procedure means should we register first?
    Thanks

2. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

If you are referring to the public school system in US, then the kids will be going to Kindergarten when they are 5yrs old and that's when the kids start their schooling. I don't think you need to worry about registering you daughter until she is in her 4th year or so (I am not sure, maybe the other IL ladies can help you on that).

But maybe you can think of sending your daughter to some pre-schools to get her used to the system.

-Sihi

3. sneha

sneha New IL'ite

Hi,

Regular school in US starts at 5 yrs like other members have already said. For that, registration generally starts Feb-Mar of the year (School year is Aug to May). But, even if u cannot register, it really does not matter, anytime, u can walk into the school district office and get the child registered for school, even in the middle of the school year

At this age, if you want to put her in preschool, you can (most of them are private or run by churches). Registration HAS to be done at the beginning of the year. Depending on the capacity, u may or may not get it later in the year.

Hope this helps!
    Sneha

4. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Normally ppl start sending their kids to scl in the age of 4 here in USA.Specially as we all r housewives(h4 visa).Kindergarten starts at the age of five.For that ur kid shd b 5 on or before 31st Aug.I think this rule is different in CA.There I think kid shd complete 5 on or before 31st Dec.Scl year starts frm Sep to May.(Like if u want admission in 07-08 scl year ur kid shd complete 5 on 31st Aug 07).Otherwise they will consider for next year.But if ur kid is born bwn 1 Sep TO 31st Oct , U can go for early test.They will take test of ur kid and decide whether to give admission or not.Fee for test is 90$ non refundable.

I started sending my daughter to scl when she was 4+.So that she can make a habbit of scl and can learn English language.

Registeration starts in month of jan till 28th Feb.