1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

School Days

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

:hello:That is nice that you studied with medium of instruction as English which must have built up unwavering confidence in your utterances and helped you to better your unction diction and erudition.
    2. It is clear writing comes to you naturally the right word at the right moment with right people. No doubt you are a winner and an edge over other and late starters.
    3. Till I entered my second year degree (B.Sc.) I remained tongue tied and created hilarious moments in English class by answering in Tamil to a question asked by My English PROFESSOR. ONE EVENING I ENCOUNTERED A NEGATIVE MOTIVATION to learn and be fluent in speaking English.
    4. I spent the tuition money Rs 5 earned bought Lifco dictionary by walking about 4 miles to Publisher house at T NAGAR CHENNAI.
    5. MY MOTHER got worried when she found me reading the stout book during vee hours. I began listening to BBC broadcast in SW radio in 1961-62.
    6. The first English novel I read with dictionary by my side is of ALBERTO MORAVIA - The Woman Of Rome. I read this novel more than five or six times. After that no stopping Till this day.
    7. Many must have begun like me some even began during their formative years.
    Thanks for the nostalgia.
    Regards.

iyerviji, kkrish and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Your story is inspiring!

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji Vijima
    It is this nature of yours, not forgetting those who helped us, is one thing I not only admire in you but also tell myself to follow.

You belong to this this type of person described by Tiruvalluvar
    எழுமை எழுபிறப்பும் உள்ளுவர் தங்கண்
    விழுமந் துடைத்தவர் நட்பு.

Transliteration:
    ezhumai ezhupiRappum uLLuvar thangaN
    vizhumanh thutaiththavar natpu

General meaning:
    The wise/great will remember throughout their seven-fold births those who helped them during difficult times.

In this day and times when folks approach us only when they need something and forget us the moment their work is accomplished, you are fresh breath of air, restoring faith in basic goodness of heart.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks bro for sharing your school days and glad to know my post was nostalgic. Glad yester stars studied in your school.We had to go by walk to school. Those days there was no school bus.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear I enjoyed my school days. Glad you learnt your Dad's,way of teaching and excelled in studies.I did not have the opportunity toto study in college because those days parents usedto think studying up to tenth is enough for girls and then get them married. But due to financial condition I had to go for a job and my father expired when I was 20 yrs old. Glad you enjoyed college day
    I really don't like.much of my school days. :smash2::smash2: apart of studies school was nice :lol: mathematics was my favr subject but scored the least in the board exam :facepalm:

I have a different learning pattern which my dad alone can understand but he hardly had time to sit beside me. But I gradually started learning his way of teaching and started to train myself and was able to excell in my academics...

I like college days more than my school days... In all the ways.

Thank you for giving a chance to recap my school days.

Good night.[/QUOTE]

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know you enjoyed your college days. You are brilliant but that time you did not know I Think. Glad you scored first class after 12th.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your sweet words dear. If I have achieved something in life and enjoying retired life now though at times health problems are there it's all due to God and Elder's blessings and friends, aunty and bosses who helped me in every stage of life

kkrish likes this.