1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

School days are no doubt the golden days

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 22, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
    Tom Bodett quotes

Who does not want to remember the school days which have become memories now. Recollecting those days brings a smile on our faces of the things we did, the days we enjoyed with our friends, the memory of being a special student to a teacher. School days are the happiest in anyone's life. The days we spent in school were the best days of our lives

Its in school we make our first friend love them, sometimes fight with them, enjoy with them study with them, compete to excel, sharing everything with our best friends.

Me and my sister studied till primary. But suddenly my father lost his hotel and we were not going to school for one year. One aunty who was staying near us got admission in the Convent school free . How can we forget that aunty who helped us in getting good education.How can I forget the friends and my class teacher of VI Std who all contributed and gifted me the school uniform.

It was when I was studying in 7th Std we shifted to a new house near to a friend's house. She was a rich girl but simple by nature and good at heart. We became best friends. I cant forget the days I spent with her. From 7th till X std we studied together. Everyday I used to spend two hours in her house. She had a separate room. We used to first study for one hour then the next hour we used to play. Everyday she used to take me in her car to school . Those were the best days in my life. Her family also used to treat me as their daughter.

In one year I did not have money to buy Geography book and I remember writing the whole book. Then when it was time for us to leave the school everyone was taking autograph from the teachers. I also wanted to take so I made a book and gave to my class teacher. She gave all the autograph books to me and asked to distribute to the student concerned. First I was angry that she has not given my book but later saw that she had gifted me with an autograph book. I was so happy to receive the same. Till today I cant forget that class teacher.

I also cannot forget my Hindi teacher who told me to got to College after Xth and that I will get concession and I shoudl become a graduate. But since we were financially not well and also since my father said that if I become a graduate then he should search for a person who has studied higher than me and it will be difficult for him. Those days getting daughters married was very difficult.

After I finished my X std my father wanted me to become a teacher. I was a quiet person those days and not so courageous. I was scared to become a teacher. Through the help of our Mother Superior I became teacher in the same school for primary section. But I could not manage properly. So I wanted to leave. The Mother Superior told me you should not change your jobs like this should stick to one job. She told me to continue there but I was not intersted in becoming a teacher. I can never forget her advice. Later I got a job in a company where I worked two years . I had to leave the job as we were going from Hyderabad to Bombay. Then I worked in that company for 36 years.

People called it SCHOOL we called it LIFE.
    - saikat

6 people like this.

2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, very beautiful Vijima :)
    It made me fondly remember my school times. Those were wonderful days, when teachers were so dedicated and friendly, helping us all through. It is really sad to hear about bad incidents these days, where teachers are misunderstood and taken for granted. None of us would really be what we are today without our dear teachers, who shaped our personalities. A big salute to all our dear teachers!

1 person likes this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji,

I was touched at the hardships you have endured .What I like best about you is you still remember those days fondly and the people who helped you then. Those times might have been very hard for your family but what lovely friends and teachers, life gave you, Viji. No wonder, you can never forget your school days.
    As I always say, you have come a long way in life and I am happy to have met and known you in my life.God Bless !!!

2 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Vijikka
    That was so nice of you to share your childhood days with us.
    More than that it is wonderful that you should remember all the people who helped you; that is so commendable.

I too sometimes recall all the wonderful schools days and all the friends and teachers.

I am very fortunate to still be in touch with a few of them now.

2 people like this.
  5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear VijiMa...
    Lovely nostalgic snippet it brought my childhood memories... What lovely carefree days they were with no such competition and healthy atmosphere in school... and good teachers who cared for their students... and this incident made me more emotional...

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Life has really taught you a lot of things. It sent you to school and put you through so many hardships which you bravely endured and came through with the help of so many good friends and teachers. Those were your tests. And the lesson you learned was to be grateful for their kindness and to remember them throughout your life. Now you and Mama in turn are helping a lot of people in your own way. You are passing on the kindness you received. You learned to appreciate the small things in life and also the goodness in people. You learned to seek happiness in what you have got. That is the greatest thing about you Vijima. Wish you a lot of happiness all your years.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Navs dear thanks for your appreciation. Glad my post brought memories of your school days.

,. None of us would really be what we are today without our dear teachers, who shaped our personalities. A big salute to all our dear teachers!

Very true Navs dear

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear yes how can I forget those who helped me in every walk of life from childhood till now. Yes dear during our school days my father had to struggle hard to give us education. My brothers could do their graduation only by working during the day and going to night college. Thanks dear for your good wishes and for always inpsiring and encouraging me

9. roamin

roamin New IL'ite

What a beautiful post Viji. Beautiful. The friendships of schooldays had a different quality that the friendships of job-life lack. Something... perhaps the fact that they were more spontaneous and honest

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamala dear yes how can I forget the friends and teachers who helped me. Glad you too recall the school days and also in touch with your school friends and teachers

I am very fortunate to still be in touch with a few of them now.[/QUOTE]