1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scattered White Hair! How To Apply Hair Dye?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anika987, Jun 23, 2020.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I use semi-permanent hair color. It fades gradually and washes out with shampoo so you don’t get the “skunk-line” when your roots start showing again. Clairol Natural Instincts dark warm brown in my go-to for a more natural look.I find black color to be too Gothic. I also leave the color on for 45 minutes instead of the recommended 15 minutes so it stays longer.

anika987 likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you will check it out

3. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

Anika, since, I am out of vcare now and I am in Canada, I tested the garnier olia, which seems to work very nice. t does not dry your hair because the conditioner it has, really smoothes your hair and your hair smells awesome. Do an allergy test before applying as usual. But this one seems to fade out in 5 weeks for me. Either my hair is growing too fast[which is not possible] or color is quick to fade.
    I too was an ardent henna and indigo fan but being in a super cold country, I keep getting sinus issues, so I opted now slowly for chemical colors without Ammonia of course. Being in my 40's, I don't want to show my greys like most people at such an early age. I will wait till I am in my 50's to wean out from dyes I think :grin:

anika987 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have heard good reviews about Garnier Olia..let me check out out.thank you

5. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

you are welcome. Now I gotta try out the ridge gourd oil too like Sahasi quoted :) Anything to rid us of the pesky greys

anika987 likes this.
  6. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

Ok, I have ridge gourd at home so will be trying it.

anika987 and madhat like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Also amla powder I was applying for hair.It is a good conditioner..works well:)
    Now am going to start drinking with warm water! :D The desperate measures to control hair greys ha ha:)

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Have you tried the black hair shampoo? Saw something on those lines in amazon

9. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

@anika987 I used Amla as a conditioner from time time to for my hair to prevent hair fall. It def. helps for me.

there is a shampoo from Aveda called black malva. It is a color depositing shampoo. Curious if anyone has tried it. It is super duper expensive.
    Also has anyone also used Vasmol hair oil which actually makes hair black slowly through interaction with oxygen from air?

anika987 likes this.
  10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I haven’t tried that. My grays are very stubborn so coloring is the only thing that works for me.

anika987 likes this.