Scary roads of Bolivia!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by safa, Dec 4, 2006.

1. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,
    See the pics of some scary roads of Bolivia..

Attached Files:

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Too Dangerous to even look !

Dear Seena,

If I am to drive on that steep mountain roads of Bolivia, I will surely die, not out of an accident, but out of heart-attack ! :mrgreen:

The pictures are tooooooooo scary ! My heart skipped its beat for a minute literally while seeing the presentation !

I really wonder, how one truck could even attempt to overtake the other on that steep and narrow road at that high altitude ??? :confused: Crazy drivers !!

Love,
    Preethi

3. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

:-D :-D Join with you dear Preethi, I am also very scared even to watch the pics...My knees started shivering when thinking of a driving there...:cry: :-D

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Seena !

In tamil, there is a proverb
    Karanam thappinal Maranam.
    I am sure you will understand the meaning !
    That seems to fit perfectly for Roads in Bolivia !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Wow!! real scary.Even on normal roads,I am sometimes scared to drive,Bolivia is out of question..

I feel ,it must be really safe to drive inside those tunnels though since even if the vehicle goes really close to the edge,the tunnel wall will protect the vehicle from falling down the slope.The unprotected parts of the road is what really scared me.Just think what will happen if two vehicles are coming in the opposite directions..:shock:

6. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Ohh,my god really scary.Like Preethi said how could one truck driver attempt to overtake the other one?
    mmmm crazy drivers.

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Looks really scary, Seena!

I don't know how I missed this wonderful post. Seeing those roads just thrills me. I now badly want to drive in that road at least once.
    About 3 years back we went on a holiday to Munnar. We took the ghat section route from Bodimettu and climbed uphill. The drive uphill was eventless. When we were driving down, on a section which was at least as scary as the Bolivian Road, with no side parapet walls and only awe-inspiring Western Ghats on all side we were caught in a stretch of some 10 kms of road which was under repair.
    Remember we were driving downhill. Suddenly a heavily laden lorry was coming in the opposite direction. Since the road was under repair there was no way for two vehicles. There was no room to turn as well. One of the vehicles had to go in the reverse gear for at least a kilometre before we could find place for both the vehicles. The lorry attempted to go reverse but could not, because the weight was pulling the vehicle down with great force and the driver was frightened. That meant that I had to reverse the vehicle uphill. At that time we had a Maruti 800. My wife was scared. And so was my daughter. I prayed God and started to reverse the vehicle. I did it slowly 100 metres at a time. Indhu later commented that that was the longest 10 minutes in her life.
    Finally we got over and the lorry passed through, the driver waving his hands enthusiastically at me. And to cap it all, Indhu after seeing my driving for 14 years commented, 'You are a responsible driver.' To get that comment I would have done that feat 10 times more.
    Your post kindled those memories.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha - my dear Sridhar !

Yourpost was more an emphasis on my dear friend Indhu than about the Bolivian Roads or your driving skills !
    I just loved it, my friend !!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Chithra, Sunitha, Mohana and Sridhar,
    Glad to know that you all liked the post..
    I think people used to live in such places won't have scary thoughts like us.I have gone to Attappadi once, there the roads are like this, but do not have this height..
    It's interesting to read your driving experience, Sridhar and Indhu's comments.