Scared of some Fwd:FW:FW emails

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sujanags, Jun 11, 2010.

1. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

When I send email to my friends after a long time, I will be very excited and waiting for their reply. I hope you also would be like that. I keep clicking my Inbox every time to check if there are new messages. I never get any reply email very soon but I get one specific forwarded email very fast from my friends. Do you know what it is?

That Fwd:FW:FW Email will have something like a picture of God (mostly on Tirupathi Balaji) saying that we should forward to "n" number of people taking these many copies and good luck will arrive in few seconds. If you don't do it, then something bad will happen for you.

Whenever I see such emails from my friends, I really feel very bad. When they don't even have time to reply for my mail, why do they want to send a forwarded email like this and create some tensions within me? They could forward any funny emails that they have received but why did they forward this? You know when you get an email like that, they clearly specify you should not forward the email back to sender.

I remember in the olden days, my grand father used to receive letters like these from anonymous person saying that they need to post 100 letters taking copies of that God's picture and he did that as he was scared that something bad might happen.

Have you received an email like this? Did you also feel like me?
    Finally did you forward the same to others and got any luck :)?

Share your thoughts...

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

HI suja,

is this your first post here.What a coincidence ! :)My first post in snippets too was on the same topic and here is the linkOf blessings and curses

.really funny that these people remember us only at the time of such forwards,no?

3. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Mindi, Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's my first post. In this week, I got two such fwd emails from my friends and was so disappointed. That's why thought of writing in snippets.

I am very happy to know that you also wrote same topic in your first post. Let me read yours.

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi sujatha

welcome to the snippets corner.

Even i used to get such mail. But without a blink i will delete the mail.

Dont worry, nothing will happen. God has not created these mails and god never says to forward to everyone. Infact god must be laughing at such quirk mind of some people who start all this mails.

But it will be more fruitful, if we as a human being help other needy person, respect everyone, try to not to hurt others and have empathy towards others feelings. That is what god says.

have a gr8 day.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  5. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Thanks Radhika for your reply :) I am yet to read all your posts, will definitely do it one day.

Initially I was really worried after seeing such emails because they say that we will lose 20 lakhs or job or some bad things will happen. But now-a-days I ignore it as you say.

6. varadhan8

varadhan8 Bronze IL'ite

Ya. i also received so many mails like that.

I will not forward the same to any other so that any way all will get irritated by these kind of mails.:bonk

I have not seen anything bad happened because of this.:)

7. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

VAradhan8, Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, even I have not forwarded such emails to others.

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi sujatha...
    I simply delete those fwds...
    yes its sad when all you recieve from some people are fwd mails.. no time to stop and write a few lines... yes it hurts...
    K

9. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

very true, these forwards are very annoying, when they use God's name to harass you.:rotfl

once befor an exam one of my silly friends sent me a msg saying that forward this msg to n ppl and you will do well, otherwise you will surely fail.
    I panicked, and was on the verge of tears. my mother tried to call the girl and tell her not to forward such rubbish messages to anybody.

but she did not pick the call because she said her balance was low (she sent me a message).

my mother and sister were very irritated.instead of saying all the best, she was saying you will fail etc.

such nonsense should be discouraged.

10. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

This is an abomination that clogs internet world wide. If such a mail asks you to forward to twenty persons and everyone does it, by the eighth round copies of the original mail would have exceeded the total population of the earth!

I have evolved a strategy for this. I have prepared a stock reply describing this situation, why it is wrong, why it is unethical to put another to this psychological stress and never to repeat it. I mail this along with the forwarded mail 'n' number of times to the person who forwarded such a mail. Now that person will be in a quandary how to find n x n people to send to. The person is already warned that if I get it again, twenty copies will promptly land back in the inbox.

Way back in the late 1940s, my grand mother got one such mail asking her to send copies to nine people. Post cards were only a quarter anna (about 1.5 paisa) each. She copied out the letter, addressed one each to each Navagraha and asked me to hand deliver to the concerned at the big temple next doors.
    "I have done my job. Let them do what they want. I do not want any of my friends to be in trouble" is what she said. Since the devatas do not divulge their email id, we do not have this happy option of dealing with what is essentially spam.

Do you think Balaji is concerned about internet and emails? Please ignore totally. Nothing untoward will happen.

Arunadhri