Scans and measurements during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Nidhi2014, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Nidhi2014

Nidhi2014 Silver IL'ite

Dear friends

I am in a confused state of mind right now..hopefully you can share your experiences.

I am about 35 weeks pregnant..we stay in US, here, I had heard they do more scans if you are having risky pregnancy. In my clinic, they did one scan at 12 week and another at 20, thereafter they did not do any. They say it's not needed. I have one of the best health insurance - aetna choice pos. I even got covered for breast pump fully. But, I see lots of girls here posting weights of their babies in pregnancy and also getting more scans even though they are having healthy pregnancy.

US ladies, did you too get limited scans and no separate baby weights ? Is it normal or I am getting raw deal from my clinic?

Also, I saw my weight steadily increased every time I visited clinic, roughly 3 to 4 pounds every 3 weeks, but this time , I saw only 0.8 lbs increase (between 33 to 34 weeks). I read online that weight increase slows in late pregnancy. But this is contradictory as baby gains fat only in the last semester. Lil worried for it. I was measuring 1.5 inches more than my expected bump size as per weeks (at 33, I measured 34.2). But different midwives have different ways. And bloating affects too.this time my obgyn met me and she measured me 34 at 34 weeks..she said everything looks fine but I wud like to see if others too experience similar things

Thanks!!
    nidhi

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You don't need further scans medically.

I have seen some people to for private scans just to get a moving image on a cd or a reconstructed 3d image of their baby. You need to go through your documents to see if you are entitled to any of those.

Your doctor is the expert. As long as your doctor says everything is fine, and you trust your doctor, you don't have to be worried about anything else. If you have questions ask your doctor. The internet is filled with too much unnecessary information which make us feel discontent and perhaps scared too. Find a doctor you trust and let him/ her be your one stop provider for pregnancy related information.

Just let yourself relax and enjoy the last trimester.