1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Say proudly that I am a housewife............:)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aarushreya, Mar 19, 2013.

1. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

Housewives in today's world are free souls locked in cages called "Home". We are full time 24X7 home makers that are least recognized, appreciated or being encouraged. We lock ourselves in houses and lead our whole life believing that this is our destiny and taking care of our home is our duty.

This is a picture of many Indian women who are housewives and are not earning. No matter how much we have become advanced in our work from past times, the picture is still the same. We are now educated so we can better take care of our children's studies. We no longer are the souls, who's place was only in the kitchen. We know how to face the outer world and can help our family in lot many things while sitting at home. We now learn new facts and experiment to better serve our families.

Gone are the times when housewives were a lot more dependent on husbands for small small things. We have now become home makers from housewives. We know how to drive and can drop our kids to school, bring grocery, shop and can meet the doctor. We show interest in almost everything, talk about any topic. But no matter how efficient we have become, we still are treated as if whatever we do is the least we are doing. Only the earning member who leaves the home behind early morning, comes back exhausted in the evening and brings in money is doing a lot for the house. Just because we are not earning, we are not doing anything outstanding.

When husband comes in immediately children are asked to vacant space for him to take rest. Immediately he is offered snacks, tea and television is offered to him. We housewives don't feel that this is wrong. But how many times and many housewives are given such favors? Nobody has even thought of it. No matter how tiring and disgusting the day was for us, we are not given such special treatments.

Husbands can take a break from their normal routine life on weekends but we have no such special days for us. We have no such special breaks for us. We sometimes become lucky if the husband likes to step outside his bed and take us out for a movie or dinner at times. But again here we are dependent upon his wish. If we plan ourselves such favors then we are often reminded that we are forgetting our duties and responsibilities. Though we give our best, we receive the least.

Apart from the fact that how much we are committed to our families, we are not worth receiving a genuine word of appreciation and encouragement from loved once. Every body is so busy in their work that they hardly have time to see the kind of efforts we put in to take care of them. Over a time, a housewife's efforts become a mandatory thing in the house. She should always be available for whatever she takes care of. If she doesn't, others simply raise their eye brows or say something pinching or disgraceful to her.

Why we can not be appreciated? Husband needs appreciation badly from his boss.Kids want that too from their teachers. Then why it is absent from our life? If not appreciated, then why we are pointed upon not doing something correctly or why we our weaknesses reminded to us from time to time?

If readers don't believe in what I am saying, then they should definitely watch the movie "English Vinglish". The story is about a housewife who took the challenge to make her family realize that she is not less in anything from anybody. She accepted the challenge to make her loved once realize that how important encouragements and appreciations are for her. In her family, appreciations were missing, expectations were more and she was always dotted upon her weaknesses.Though love was there but nobody bothered to shower that love on her.

One day she got frustrated and thought of taking an action to show her worth to the family. The film ended with a positive note that everybody is equal in a family. We learn from each others strengths and weaknesses in a family. This maintains a kind of balance in the family. Housewives are not less in anything from anybody. The point is we should pay respect to each other and encourage, appreciate each other from time to time for what we are doing for our loved once.

We can always change ourselves if we get the help of our loved once and respect in return. What was her weakness, if bothersome, could have been removed in a more respectful and loving way, if her family had play the role.

God has created the concept of a family to maintain a balance in the world. We in a family learn from each others strengths and weaknesses. We encourage each other to come out from our weaknesses. Similarly we get benefited from each others strength and thus we create a balance in life.

The moral of the story was that no one in the family is lesser from the other. If a husband things that he is superior to his wife just because he earns then he is wrong. What will he do with that money when he does not know how to take care of all the things with that money. If he takes care of the finances, then the wife takes care of everything other than earning those expenses. So how a man can be superior? A man can not leave his parents and kids peacefully on a stranger while he is out at work. Today's woman is multi-tasking. She is educated so she can educate her kids. She knows how to drive a car, so she can go out by herself to drop kids to school, take parents to the doctor or bring grocery items for home.

The story of the movie also makes us realize that how important it is to pay respect to each other in the family and how important it is to show our love, care and affection to our loved once from time to time.

26 people like this.

2. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful piece of write up and I salute your analysis. I have seen many working women are gossip queens really I mean it all the time there will be MIL gossip IL gossip where as house wives now a days look into other things like learning or developing a skill. Its a wonderful piece of write up and I appreciate your skill.

3. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

Thank you for appreciating a housewife :)

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful portrait of a housewife.very well defined Friend.

5. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

First of all thanks for this thread aarushreya
    Loved it..

I am a housewife...a proud one at that
    I love my job as a housewife... I can be anything i want to be...i can be an electrician( my latest achievement was repairing my washing machine which i repaired by fluke).....i can be a personnel secretary to my husband( i make those memos and letters and email it to my husband)... I can be a cook( not the best cook)...i can be a teacher( teaching things about life to my son)...i can be a doctor( checking my son and husband's health and giving them my home made remedies :) )..... I can be a nutritionist ( my husband hates me when i take up this job)...
    Last but not the least i can concentrate on my career as a freelancer consultant hihihi but in all this the best part is "i am my own boss"

And the rewards come in love and more love

"I am luving it"

17 people like this.
  7. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

Exactly mam......... we are our own boss..........and our loved once are also gets benefit from whatever we learn.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ranjuanil

Ranjuanil Junior IL'ite

vry nice mam. really house wives r great.

1 person likes this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hmmm ok i read this word soo many times on this thread " Mam"
    Who's mam here??
    Just kidding... Lets call each other by our usernames that will sound more friendly...why do you want to be so formal??
    :)

2 people like this.
  10. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

Hi , that was anice piece.

i m also currently a housewife......on maternity leave...:thumbsup

and sumhow i find this much more interesting .....i can take time out for kids, i can make friends in the neighbourhoods, surf net or TV, cook my fav dishes & above all work at my own pace, i dont hav to rush thru anything as i can plan in advance & hav the entire day to do the job & of course the home looks neat too & everything is well managed..

i suggested DH that i eave job & become a housewife however that wudnt be possible, extra income wil be needed to meet financial obligations