1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Savvy Cook Book And Food Lovers Two Magazines About Bangalore

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by sunkan, Aug 19, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

FOOD LOVERS AND SAVVY COOK BOOK INFORMATIVE MAGAZINE AROUND <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>BANGALORE</st1:place></st1:City>:

A nice magazine on the shelves of <st1:City><st1:place>Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> informing about the specialty of the place and the food you enjoy there, the first issue was all about in and around koramangala, and the jayanagar market, explaining the items available, all under one roof, from papads to fresh greens and vegetables.

There are a lot of non-veg sections and one hardly finds one or two dedicated to the veg sections, and still nice to find the authentic pasta being served veg. little Italy a wonderful spread of bruschetta, salad, risotto, phenomenal woodfire pizzas.

The second magazine comes out with information about the restaurants around indiranagar and the food specialty of that area, and the famous Russel Market, has been well described for its wet floors and ambience of heritage in its roof top. Directions to go for the fresh greens in thippasandra a place for fresh vegetables that arrive daily from the city market…

All about the reliance store in 80ft road, and the Namdharis in the same area, very informative and some wine knowledge thrown in for the wine guzzlers. We get to know how Indians have improved on the food section with not only Punjabi food which was famous and Chinese, we have food from other places too, a very good eye opener for the people who frequent outside food, the Taj included. The first issue was all about mangoes and it recipes and this month we have mushrooms and it varieties available in the market now, and how to cook cook cook….

THE SAVVY COOK BOOK another magazine has a wonderful spread of pictures that make you ooze for something to be brought in a plate for you, this month all the onam recipe are there, good for the brides who don’t know what to spread, can take guidance and do that and the ones who have forgotten but want to revive can take help here, from avial to thoran, inji puli, and kalan and olan of course may be a little different with garlic thrown in which we do not use…

Here we need to add the ona papdam which is available in the russel market none mentioned here though but when you fry it you get the largest papdams, my husband was very particular to have that along with chakkara peratti upperi, and nendranga chips,
    Even payasams like paladhapradaman, neyipayasam, adapradhaman, & paruppu pradhaman, and the last pineapple payasam but I love the chakka payasam, and have never tried the nedrapazha payasam which I heard is authentic in kerala.

The book FOOD LOVERS has many recipes from <st1:country-region><st1:place>Korea</st1:place></st1:country-region> and other places thrown in ,it is a food bloggers paradise and there are competitions and coupons given which makes it even more interesting to the foodies of <st1:City><st1:place>Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City>. Regards sunkan..

2. MadhuRao

MadhuRao Silver IL'ite

where can i find this book now.....i think i am 3 yrs late to ask,....but some where i can find it..is it available at gangarams

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite