1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday afternoon fever

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Mar 13, 2009.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Aparna,
    My husband was a pillar of strength for me when I did B.ED many yars after marriage.
    Oh,yes we can write a story but I deal with emotions,he deals with mostly situations,I don't know if it will gel.At the most we will start fighting!
    Thank you Aparna for your kind sentiments.
    love
    mithumma

2. revathis

revathis Senior IL'ite

Dear Lakshminarayanan,

A great write up. Am still new to IL and just started exploring the snippets forum. Have read a few of yours but never read mithila Madam's. Looking forward to read some of her works. Great to know that you are husband-wife duo into writing. Am sure you will contribute a lot to the IL.

Revathi

3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Priya,
    Thanks for the FB.As for your comments on understanding women,it is alife time effort and a continuous process.Women have elephantine memory and can recount all the sins of commission and omission of men in a jiffy and therfore one lives for each day.

Regards

LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Radhavenkatesh,
    Thanks for your FB.No doubt women have to have an identity of their own and men in their own interest have to help harness the creative energy of women.The pay back time starts when one retires and both husband and wife live by themselves.That is when instead of breathing on each other's neck all the time,each gets space to pursue his/her interest,leading to greater peace and tranquility at home.
    Thanks once again
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vidhu,
    Thanks for your FB.The most difficult job of a woman is answering the constant ringing of the door bell and next feeding the children and clearing the mess when they come home from schoo. I dont know whether it is necessity,commitment or grooming which make the women attend to this arduous task day in and day out.
    Thanks

LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Revathy,
    Thanks for your FB.Variety and humour are the spice of life and this community provides plenty of it.
    Regards

LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aparna,
    Thanks for your FB.We shall attempt a joint intellectual exercise as long as there is a happy ending
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

8. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear LN Sir,

A very warm welcome to IL! Thanks to Kamalji's nomination of your post to the FP. Lest, I would have missed reading such a gem of a post.

It takes quite a bit of courage to admit that a little bit of an MCP probably exists in each male. May be there is a female version of it too? Like an FCP that probably exists in all females? I don't know.

But what requires greater courage is too act on the findings that one has made and recitify the wrongs done as much as possible.

I am glad to note LN Sir that you were that strong pillar in Mithila M'am's life who utilmately helped her in pursuing her career as a teacher. Though a touch adjustment initially, I am sure it turned out to be a satisfying one for both of you.

Very glad to have you as part of the IL family Sir. With two great writers under one roof I am positive that we ILites have wonderful treats waiting for us for a long time to come!

Welcome once again.

Warm regards,
    SS

9. Ashwini007

Ashwini007 New IL'ite

Dear LakshmiSir,

Pls dont mind the 'Sir' part, couldnt gather myself to calling you just by name. I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for Mithila mam....again 'mam'. :bowdown.With both of you being such great writers, I cant imagine how talented your daughters would be. Its nice to see men like you who atleast take the pain in understanding womens situations. But we women are also quite complex and I agree what you said "Women have elephantine memory and can recount all the sins of commission and omission of men in a jiffy". If only we could adopt a "forgive and forget" attitude, lot of things in life would get so much simpler.

Anyways, it was a great writeup and we'l look forward to more of your posts.

Love,
    Ashwini.

10. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Good one. I love your sense of humor.
    Too bad that your Saturdays stopped being fun though - LOL.
    Keep them coming.
    Cheers.