1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saree discussion - How to look elegant in saree!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Priya_Mommy, Jul 5, 2010.

1. samairasmom

samairasmom New IL'ite

i think georgette and chiffon are the saris to buy.. pure chiffon and georgette makes one look slim . also net and tissue can be good option as I have seen plum ladies carrying it quite well.. best is to buy a ready to wear lehenga cum saree as it is easy to wear and carry once with kids. hope this help.

2. juana

juana Bronze IL'ite

The Sari should be a rich solid colour in darker hues. The boarder shouldn't be very broad. And it makes sense not to have work all over the body of the sari. Vertical designs can be flattering...giving the wearer a slimmer and taller look.

The pallu can be heavy. And if you are willing to try a different style then a Sidha pallu sari looks great at weddings. Here the pallu comes from behind over the right shoulder covering the front. The pallu is neatly tucked, so there is no hassle of looking where it is getting caught while one is busy running around at a wedding ceremony !

The fabric should be a lighter weave...but not a net or sheer material like Chiffon. Crepes...Georgettes and even Banarsi silk is light and drapes well. Kanjeewarams though beautiful have thicker silk and adds to the bulk.

For the blouse those for those on the plump side it’s best to stay away from a lot of embellishments or trimmings ! Simple...clean cuts look great. Keep the sleeve at a 3/4<SUP>th</SUP> sleeves length.

3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am 5'4" height ,slim and fair... How can i choose saree and stitch blouses??? I like short and puff sleeves blouses... How to wear saree whether single or??? i like single...

sometimes mega sleeves shows me very thin...which sleeve is best for me??

4. shebu

shebu New IL'ite

dear,
    u just visit ' soch' (ampa sky walk mall,express avenue')
    u will b deftly look elegant in their sarees.

5. bhuvnabs

bhuvnabs Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Try in chiffon with heavy border r crepe with banarasi r kundan borders...

also u can buy nice mysore silk sarees n get embroidery work on it....it looks too elegant n classy........