1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sardarji Mother,s Letter to her son

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vatsan, Apr 4, 2008.

1. vatsan

vatsan New IL'ite

Dear Banta
    Vahe Guru !

I am in a well here and hoping you are in the same well there. I'm writing this letter slowly, because I know you cannot read fast.

We don't live where we did when you left home. Your dad read in the paper that most accidents happen 20 miles from home, so we moved 20 miles.

I wont be able to send the address as the last Sardar who stayed here took the house numbers with them for their new house so they would not have to change their address. Hopefully by next week we will be able to bring our earlier address plate here, so our address will remain same.

This place is really nice. It even has a washing machine, right above the commode. I'm not sure it works. Last week I put in 3 shirts, pulled the chain and haven't seen them since.

The weather here isn't too bad. It rained only twice last week. The first time it rained for 3 days and second time for 4 days.

The coat you wanted me to send you, your Aunt said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with all the metal buttons, so we cut them off and put them in the pocket.

Your father has another job. He has 500 men under him. He is cutting the grass at the cemetery.

By the way I took Bahu to our club's poolside. The manager is really badmash. He told her that two-piece swimming suit is not allowed in this club. We were confused as to which piece should we remove?

Your sister had a baby this morning. I haven't found out whether it is a girl or a boy, so I don't know whether you are Aunt or Uncle.

Your uncle, Jetinder fell in a nearby well.. Some men tried to pull him out, but he fought them off bravely and drowned. We cremated him and he burned for three days.

Your best friend, Balwinder, is no more. He died trying to fulfill his father's last wishes. His father had wished to be buried at sea after he died. And your friend died while in the process of digging a grave for his father.

There isn't much more news this time. Nothing much has happened.

P.S: Beta, I was going to send you some money but by the time I
    realized, I had already sealed off this letter

<!-- toctype = X-unknown --><!-- toctype = text --><!-- text --><SCRIPT>var callCount = 0;function rmvScroll( msg ){ if ( ++callCount > 10 ) { msg.style.visibility = "visible"; } if ( callCount < 50 && ! imgsDone( msg ) ) { setTimeout( function() { rmvScroll( msg ); }, 200 ); return; } var delta = msg.offsetHeight - msg.clientHeight; var newWidth = 0; var newHeight = 0; delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 ); if ( msg.scrollHeight > msg.clientHeight ) { newHeight = msg.scrollHeight + delta; } delta = msg.offsetWidth - msg.clientWidth; delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 ); if ( msg.scrollWidth > msg.clientWidth ) { newWidth = msg.scrollWidth + delta; } msg.style.overflow = "visible"; msg.style.visibility = "visible"; if ( newWidth > 0 || newHeight > 0 ) { var ssxyzzy = document.getElementById( "ssxyzzy" ); var cssAttribs = ['#' + msg.id + '{']; if ( newWidth > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( 'width:' + newWidth + 'px;' ); if ( newHeight > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( ' height:' + newHeight + 'px;' ); cssAttribs.push( '}' ); try { ssxyzzy.sheet.deleteRule( 0 ); ssxyzzy.sheet.insertRule( cssAttribs.join(""), 0 ); } catch( e ){} }}function imgsDone( msg ) // for Firefox, we need to scan for images that haven't set their width yet{ var imgList = msg.getElementsByTagName( "IMG" ); var len = ((imgList == null)? 0 : imgList.length); for ( var i = 0; i < len; ++i ) { var theImg = imgList; if ( ! theImg.complete && "undefined" != typeof theImg.naturalWidth && theImg.naturalWidth == 0 ) { return false; } } return true;}var msg = document.getElementById( "message50361666509961467274017520969852263789665134" );if ( oBw.agt.match( /gecko/ ) == "gecko" ) { if ( msg && "undefined" != typeof msg ) { rmvScroll( msg ); }} else { msg.style.visibility = "visible"; }</SCRIPT><!-- END TOC -->

2. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Mr.Vatsan,

I have a question. Why is it that even after repeated reminders you are posting forwarded jokes and messages in this forum instead of in the forum reserved for this? Is it so that your "number of posts" tally will increase? If so, then this is a very cheap gimmick from a person who has written better posts. I request you to kindly stick to the subject of each forum so that it will be easier for all the ILites to read what they want and also ease the task of the moderators. As it is, the moderators are doing a wonderful job of maintaining each forum, so let us not unduly trouble them.

Regards,
    Anitha

3. vatsan

vatsan New IL'ite

Dear Ms.Anitha,

Without being judgmental,I feel ILites has far too many fora and sub fora.
    It would have been much less complicated and more user-friendly if there
    had been three or four fora.
    Anyway it is not my business to comment on the Ilite structure as these
    fora must have been created after lot of imagination, thought and care
    by the organizers.
    Your remark that I am doing it with some malintention so that my
    "number of posts tally will increase" - is to say the least uncharitable.
    This thought did not strike me even remotely.
    I find uncomfortable becoming a prisoner of rules and that too
    when there are far too many.
    I had a very short stay at your forum and carry with me pleasant
    memories.I wish all ILites good health happiness and prosperity.

Regards

VATSAN

4. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vatsan, just read the dialogue between you and Anitha - Interesting.
    I agree with her that posts should be made at appropriate places. But yes, I also agree with you that you should not be a prisoner of rules. This is to help the moderators and make their lives easier.

But I was really surprised to see you saying Good Bye. Why would you leave the site as a response to someone's comment? I suggest you to stay and participate in- if not all, but some forums on this site and you use your honest and straight opinions on interested topics.

Somehow it feels like a defeat to leave this site with just 30 posts, as a result of some unknown persons comment (No offense to Anitha though!!)

5. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Mr. Vatsan,
    My suggestion of "increasing the tally of posts" might have been offending to you, but I had to come to that conclusion as your posts did not reflect that you were acknowledging the previous reminders. If you read my post carefully, you will also notice that I have mentioned you as a person who has "written better posts" and have acknowledged your writing skills. And your choosing to quit the forum is your own decision. Like Venonimiss says, why should you quit for somebody's comment? Neither am I a stickler for rules but in a public forum, it is expected that the participants will not make the life of the moderators difficult. If you decide to stay in the forum, then I hope you will help the moderators by posting in the right forums. If not, then I hope you have a pleasant life ahead.

Regards,
    Anitha

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Venonimiss,

Your FB is your viewpoint on things. So no offense given, no offense taken. :)

Regards,
    Anitha

7. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi vatsan,

oh really Big Laugh Big Laughhilarious
    pls send some more santa banta jokes

8. aparna chidri

aparna chidri New IL'ite