Sanitizing fruits and vegetables with Lotus system

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by tashidelek2002, Jul 27, 2011.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Just wanted to share a product review and information. I purchased some years back a Lotus sanitizing system for my home and I have been very very happy with it. This system works using superoxygenated cold water (ozone) to clean, sanitize killing almost all germs, and neutralizing pesticides. It prolongs storage time in the fridge(you need to dry before putting in fridge) and the cleaned fruits/veg have a much better taste, much more vibrant. Strawberries are fantastic after being cleaned this way. The item to be cleaned is placed in the bowl attachment, filled with cold water to the level marker, and a button is pushed and the water is then oxygenated. The levels of concentration are shown on a read out. A timer is then automatically started and you take out the fruit/veg at the alert (2 min). You can also do a bowl of just water and use it in the sink to wash meats or other items. Baby toys, kitchen sponges, household items can also be cleaned in the bowl. A second attachment is a spray bottle that you fill with cold water which is then processed and you can use it for cleaning the kitchen. It is particularly good in cleaning mirrors and windows with no streaks. The smell after cleaning with this is like the air after a rain...very fresh. This water will kill germs and leave no residue so great for those sensitive to chemicals. Works well with microfiber cloths. For use in cleaning, the water is good for 15 minutes and then must be processed again. The system will last many years and costs about $100. The model in USA is 110v and shouldn't be used with a converter but there is a 240v model that is sold in Australia and might be able to be ordered via the company.

2 people like this.

2. tashidelek2002

I forgot to mention: if you have wimpy items like wilted dhania, this machine will bring them back to perky if they are not too far gone.

3. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This sounds very interesting and good for removing the unwanted pesticides from the veggies and fruits..........but I think it will take some time to reach Indian market.
    Thanks for sharing this new product.

4. tashidelek2002

Sritas:
    Thanks for responding. It also killes bacteria like e coli, etc which was the reason that I purchased it. There are some versions of this technology which I have seen on eBay marketed from China. My machine is marketed from Canada. Since they are making a 240v version, should be available in India at some point. Also, you could have someone bring to you when they are coming back from travel.

5. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Hi Tashi, this product looks very interesting. I have one doubt though..how could we be sure that its doing all that it claims to be doing..? What is the proof that its eradicating pesticides from the vegies/fruits and killing the bacteria..? Thanks!

6. tashidelek2002

Check the Tersano website and also Google. Lots of folks have checked this. Apparently this is the technology used industrially to clean foods.