Salwar materials in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by kk_karthi2000, May 28, 2008.

1. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Re: Dress materials in Commercial street

Dear orion,

Mamulpet in avenue road has good collections.most of the shops there supply to the commercial street vendors.

THey have good range and price is also very less compared to commercial street.
    you get all varieties from daily wear to party wear .

2. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Hello Orion,
    As padmavathi said DCM has good collection and it's reasonable too.

Hello Kamala,
    Thanks. Next time will try in Mamulpet.

Meenakshi Rajan

3. pink_angel

pink_angel Senior IL'ite

When you enter commercial street from Krishna Jewelers side, you get a small gully after some 250 ft, its hardly noticeable. Take a left turn there(you have to walk, vehicle cannot go inside) the 5th shp on your left(forgot the name), sells excellent salwar material.
    Good Luck!

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you!!

Dear all,

Thank you for the great inputs Bow

As i am planning to give a comlplete makeover for my wardrobe, i will check out all these stores.. :2thumbsup:

-Lakshmi

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  5. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

:wowI feel so J! :crazy A complete makeover of the wardrobe! If you dont mind, share what all you bought afterwards...just to lift the spirits of some people like me :hide:
    Roaming commercial street was my favourite hobby during college days, especially in the weekends. Now...where is the time or the interest! Moreover my mother's instinct is always ON...I go to buy a dress for myself and end up buying for my daughter dearie.

have fun,
    Hema

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Hema, Join the club... everytime i go shopping, i end up purchasing for my daughter or hubby.. i decided this time it should be for me only.. so i am planning to go alone (hubby gets to do the baby sitting this weekendBig Laugh) and go out on a full day shopping.. :banana

I know i will end up buying more for my daughter than myself.. bonk

I wiil surely post some snaps of the dresses

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  7. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    now that the diwali season is nearing..

wantto know ....where do u people buy office wear salwars. I normally buy from dcm shop in commercials. just want to check out if there are more options.
    the shop is generally crowded in this season.

wish you all a happy dussera.

Prabha

8. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Re: office wear -salwars

Hi Prabha,

I buy office wear salwars from different places. Since I reside in Gandhi bazaar, I buy at Vee Pee collections. I do buy materials from Commercial street. I love Mix and Match as well...so I do buy some kurtas from different places like khadder, Westside, Favorite shop, etc. I never miss the Hakoba sales...they are too classy and comfy to wear for work. DCM is also a nice place to shop for salwars...but yes its quite crowded!
    This time I'm planning to ask a north Indian friend of mine to get some materials for me from her place...since her dresses are really good and the cost she says is much lesser than what we get here.

have fun,
    Hema

Btw...are you joining the Ilite meet this Saturday?

9. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

HI hema

thanks for the response. I have seen the ads for hakoba sales.
    just want to clarify..is the hakoba similar..to the lucknowi or the chicken work stuff.or is it different?
    i feel the lucknow/chicken work materials are very thin and transparent and hence do not prefer them for office.

is the photo in your profile..is the kolu arrangement at your home..? it is really cute.. we used to keep when we were in chennai..not done it post marriage.. may be i will ... it next year.

thx
    Prabha

10. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Prabha,

Hakoba is not like lucknowi materials. Its mainly known for its embroidery. They do it on different fabrics like cotton, organdy and even synthetic ones. And mostly they come with the lining material. They have their shop in Commerical Street as well...almost diagonally opposite to DCM. You can check it out sometime.
    Yes my avtaar picture is the doll arrangement in my house.

love,
    Hema