1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Salty or 'Sweetie?"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Do you want to be a 'salt person' or a 'sweet person'? :confused2:

I want to be a salt person..I can really feel your :spinover this statement..but you would know the reason for it when you read along..

Once a father raised his 3 daughters very well..He wants to show-off his affection through his daughters words..and arranged a meeting..where he asked the question," How much do you like your father?" Two daughters were praising him with many superlatives on hand.
    But the 3rd daugther told him that, for her He is the salt..:shock:
    Hearing this the father got angry and thrashed her out of the house and after that she married a well known guy and was living happily..
    As the time took its toll..so does the father's fortune. So he and his wife were travelling through a forest..empty handed,, where they were greeted by some hosts who offered them only sweets, by order...when days passed only with sweets..the couples got fed up and asked who is that boss who ordered them only to have sweets and here comes the 3rd daughter who told them, "See now you understood the importance of salt"..and father understood the real meaning of it and felt proud of his daughter.

There is a movie song which goes like this "Am I, salt or sugar, in your kitchen?" (Un samayal araiyil naan uppa sarkkaraiyaa?")

Too much of everything would end up in a disaster..:spin without any exception to the salt and sugar..

Eventhough we use salt to the minimum.(not like the sugar, which has to be in correct quantity to feel its taste) it is the everyday essential imporatant item in our kitchen.
    Everybody is unique in their own way...this can be compared to salt where it has no substitue...eventhough sugar has many..:exactly:
    I want to be unique and also an important person to all those I meet and live with..

Hope you got the idea of why I want to be a 'salt person' than a 'sweet person..:wink:

How do you feel about this snippet...expecting 'sweet words' from 'salty friends'..:idea Big Laugh

sriniketan

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear salty sri,
    nice post. it reminds of a tamil film " "gunasundari"! as you say everything should be in sufficient quantity. not more. then it will be like " midas touch". i also want to be a salty person. hereafter we should call a cute baby as " hi salty" is it not? ( just kidding)
    with love
    pad.

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi BharKavi,

Just when I was wondering where you were..you've come with a salty/unique snippet!

That is a really wonderful story, don't remember whether I've heard that before..

There is a saying...

உப்பில்லா பண்டம் குப்பையிலே (without salt the food goes into trash, since it is not worth eating).

Even when we make sweets or do baking, we do add a pinch of salt. This enhances the sweetness and brings out the flavour.:thumbsup

When making juices and smoothies, I do add a pinch of salt which does wonders to the taste.:drool

As you rightly said, let me also join you and say that I would like to be a 'salt person'. What do you say?

One more thing, I prefer savouries to sweet always! :)

Some quotes with salt...

“A wise woman puts a grain of sugar into everything she says to a man, and takes a grain of salt with everything he says to her.”

“Wit is the salt of conversation, not the food.”

My favourite...:)

“Let there be such oneness between us, that when one cries, the other tastes salt”

4. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Salty Akka,

I too would like to join you in the Salty List. Unique and Important. :thumbsup
    Nice snippet from you as usuall. Just wondering from where you are getting all this wonderful thoughts... :) Please borrow me some... bonk

Take Care.
    Love,
    vashini

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi

For a sweet person like you everyone will give a sweet reply but whether they are salty or sweetie they can only say. I am both salty and sweetie, because I like both. First have salty and last sweet. In life both are required. As usual a nice post.

love
    viji

6. revathis

revathis Senior IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

A nice thread. Too much of salt/sugar is bad for health. I like to be a bit of both:). As far as my taste buds go, i like spicy stuff with right amt of salt.

Revathi

7. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi... (Saltie...)

Superb !!! Enjoyed... saltie your words ! The Kutti kadhai is also good, liked that too !

Engaiyo poi vittenga.... Liked all the feedbacks.

Krithika...
    The quotes are too good.

With love...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  8. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear bhargavi,
    I have always associated sweet with happiness and salt(tears) with sadness.So i would like to be a sweetie and when needed a salty.

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi salty :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Though this is your self appointed title to me you are always a sweetie. The reason being you are so endearing and so heavenly shweet:)

As always you provide a delectable concoction which is soothing to all the senses.. loved this snippet of yours. :thumbsup

Well said. In answer to your question I would prefer to be a little bit of both in equal parts.:cheers

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Krithi my "SWEET"heart:)

Loved your quotes.. as always you add "merugu" with your touch.

Here is one for you I picked from the net..

Let yourself be open and life will be easier.

A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed.