Salalah - The Nature's Gift to Oman!

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by safa, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Seena, Keep it coming...

Dear Seena,

I wanted you to realise that encouragement can be given by any person around you, mine is no great act ! It's one's own flair to make an attempt like this, despite your apprehensions, is what has to be considered. I can tell you for sure , looking at the article, lot of effort must have been made from your side, to give an excellent finish like this ! So, for all these effort taken, I wanted you to fully enjoy the fruit of success and appreciation , which you rightfully deserve !

hope my explanation is clear now !

Keep writing more like this and posting it on IL, am sure we all would love to see you doing great work, keep it coming..don't stop whatsoever !

It's a great going from you and Good Luck to you !

Love,
    Preethi

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Wow!

Dear Shahana,
    it sure is wonderful to read about Salalah. I am sorry that I am late, but domestic problems.
    I love to travel and look up new places, not just the places of tourist attraction but the life of local people also. Only for the last few years, I am getting a chance to go to various parts of India.
    My hubby tried employment abroad, but due to home sickness he did not stay in Kuwait and Abu Dhabi. I regretted this just for one reason- I could not see many places.
    Your trip to Salalah is so very exciting. It must be very different to see rain in the Arab country. And the photos show as if they were taken in some hills of India and others in Kerala. The snap with the camel between coconut trees, really very nice. You sure would have had a nice time travelling thro the desert. Do have many such trips and give us such nice write ups.

3. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

My dear Varloo,
    Thank you so much..
    It is always pleasure to travel and understand various cultures. Living here it is easy to visit middle east countries. Even though all are Arab countries each of them have a different life style.
    Glad to know that you liked the write up.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A well-written travellogue, Seena!

Dear Seena,

Your account of your trip to Salalah was really "unputdownable" (or should I say unclickable). You have a natural way with words, Seena. You don't exaggerate and you don't use hyperboles. These are the great defects of first time writers. You don't have them.

And really you filled up some gaps in my education when you talked about the anti-gravtiational pull. It should be really mind-boggling. Believe me,Seena, till this very moment I did not know whether such a place existed. Were you able to get down from the car and test it? If there is anti gravity, you should be simply floating in air.

I don't know whether in the balance of life left to me I will be able to visit that wonderful place. But, Seena, you have, with your beautiful travellogue, made me do that. Thanks once again.
    As I read about the various facts you mentioned an adage came to my mind. "Larger the island of knowledge longer the shoreline of ignorance."

The photos were really good.
    After a hard days work at the office it was a real relaxation to me to read your wonderful write-up.
    All the best.
    Before signing off, let me suggest to you, please keep on writing. Since you have a computer, just open a word fie and write five pages every day. (minimum).
    regards,
    sridhar

5. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

It's like winning an award!

Sridhar,
    Reading your post, I really felt have won an award! As a writer, your remarks are very valuable that bestows on me more pleasure and great confidence.

About anti gravity, when we walked, we did not feel any strong effect, but when we tried to drive back, we couldn’t. There was a push towards the car to go in reverse, which was dangerous. So we had to come again to the initial position. It was such a wonderful experience there. Have heard science has been failed to explain such forces.

6. Jiia

Jiia New IL'ite

Salalah

Congratulations Seena !:clap
    Wow a very good and informative write up. The coconut trees in the Middle East looks very familiar to the ones in Malaysia along the coastal roads near the beaches. We have lots of lovely beaches in Malaysia.
    Sorry for the late reply 'cos busy with work.

Lots of love,
    Jiia :wave

7. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jiia,
    Thanks a lot for the nice message..Have heard and seen in pictures Malaysia is a beautiful country and have a pleasant climate..Many of our neighbours from Kerala are there.They would say that the country has some similarities with Kerala.
    Thanks again,

8. vineetha

vineetha New IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2007
  9. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I got to read the travelogue only today. It was like going on a journey with you.
    Wish I can travel there too !
    Regards
    Manjula

10. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vineeta,
    Pls private message your email id to me , I will send the photographs to you. When I was trying to edit it got deleted accidentally. Sorry...
    thanks for your message.