1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

SALAD (VEG) - Any Recipes

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by diana, Aug 5, 2007.

1. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

As it is said that if one wish to lose weight, one should eat more of fruits and salads.

I only know one type of salad, which is made of onions, tomatoes and cucumber. (I hate raitas).

Do anyone of you know how to prepare other salads? please inform me here.

Thanking you.

Diana:-D

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Diana,

Check out the salad recipes of Chitvish.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi

3. Nimi

Nimi New IL'ite

Hi,

U can really go crative with salads. For. eg. make a simple cabbage cole slaw. and if u need to lose weight just make adjustments in the dressing. Shred cabbage, add little shredded carrot and celery, pepper powder. Mix together a tbsp. of mayo with with a tbsp of vinegar, some salt and sugar, whisk and mix with cabbage, allow to cool in fridge and then eat. cabbage being negative cal. veggie, this is great as diet food, but substitute the mayo with low fat curd, and a little mustard paste, and u are gd. to go to lose some weight. If keen on more salad recipes, mail me, I will share a few.

Nimi

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Nimi
    like your recipe. very easy and convenient to make and healthy too. good for summer heat.
    why dont you post other ideas here so everyone cna benefit mainly me?
    regards
    anandchitra

5. Nimi

Nimi New IL'ite

Thanks! Another recipe I can post today is Apple Celery salad. Slice green apples, thin, without peeling. Mix with little lemon juice to avoid discoloration. Then chop up celery, add raisins to apple and celery, mix well. Then take mayonnaise in a bowl, pour some vinegar to it, add sugar and salt to tast, mix it with salad, sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Cool it and enjoy!

Nimi

6. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

Thank u Anand Chitra for starting this thread and many thanks to Nimi with her excellent and easy recipes...Expecting more from you :yes:

7. Nimi

Nimi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Gr. to hear from others, so let me try to keep this thread going! her is another salad recipe. Beetroot (Beet, as it is known in US) salad. Boil Beetroot as is till 3/4th cooked. drain water, allow to cool and peel and cut into cubes. In a dish pour some vinegar, add salt and sugar and black pepper powder, mix well, and allow to sit for 2 hrs. before consuming. u can store this in the fridge for a few days, it gets only tastier!

Nimi

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Nimi
    Shall try out the ones you have suggested. Have been looking out for some recipes on the net.
    I want to include them in dinner everyday. Can u post a link like version ? Or write more.
    Is there any site you have tried ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  9. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nimi,

Thank you for sharing a few salad recipes here for the benefit of members trying to lose weight. Keep sharing more.

Diana, Anandchitra & Meenloch,

In addition to the salad recipes given out by Nimi, you may also want to check more salad recipes in this site posted by some cookery experts here...

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/55259-post28.html - Index of Salad recipes by Chitvish

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...ammas-recipes-kitchen-tips-ingredients-3.html - check out raitas, raw veg mixes and few salads by Krishnamma

Here is a link to some low calorie soups too if you're interested - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...pes-kitchen-tips-ingredients-2.html#post45742

There are many sub-forums within the recipes section - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-recipes/ which will get you loads and loads of recipes for the food you are looking out. Digg more recipes here...good luck and happy weight watching.

10. Nimi

Nimi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Each time I get a reply, I will post a recipe! I usually do not check out sites for recipes, most of my salad and cooking recipes are mostly a combination of some recipe or recipes, + a little of my own additions.

Here's a recipe for Carrot Cole Slaw!

Grate carrot, add some chopped celery and dry raisins.
    Mix together in a bowl - mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper powder, whisk, add to salad ingredients, mix well and cool it for an hour or so before using it.

Nimi