Safety

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by sumi123, Sep 4, 2014.

1. sumi123

sumi123 New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am Sumi, and I hope to learn a lot from all of you, as well as share my own experiences with you.

I can start off with this - I know we all tend to worry a lot, and I worry when my teenage daughter goes out and gets late, especially in a city like Delhi where so many bad things are happening to women.

But just a tip, I found this app called Folr. I made her download it, so now whenever she feels unsafe she can turn on the option to show me her location so that I always know where she is and I don't have to worry. I got my entire family to download it so that we all know where someone is when we cant reach them for whatever reason. I really can sleep better at night now.

Hope this information is useful to you! And I hope to hear from all of you as well! hugsmiley

Have a great day!

Sumi

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    4 people like this.

2. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

niz app great...thanks for sharing

1 person likes this.
  3. roses99

roses99 Silver IL'ite

Thanks much for sharing the app, just checking will that work only on GPRS ( Internet ) or without Internet too?

4. sumi123

sumi123 New IL'ite

I think with internet it will update the last location of whoever you are following, and without internet you can still view it, but it will stop updating.

As in, in case you want someone to know you are at a particular location, and you arent leaving that place anytime soon, you can switch on internet, it will update the location and then switch it back off. If you use internet, it keeps updating itself when you are travelling also.

2 people like this.
  5. roses99

roses99 Silver IL'ite

The reason I asked is, if at all in that remote location if Internet is not available how that works? it cannot send the exact location I believe!

Ok let me try installing that app and research :)

1 person likes this.
  6. sumi123

sumi123 New IL'ite

That is true, that if there is no network, it is a problem. But no harm giving it a try :)

1 person likes this.